Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Basic Member
    -I can choose what language I speak before using the MM system.

Dislikes:

-The MM system completely ignores my choice of language.
    -Dota requires a set of measurable skills which the matchmaking does not take into account (last hitting when carrying, denies when supporting, assists when supporting, kills when carrying, deaths in general, warding, buying a courier when supporting, buying wards when supporting, and more and more).
    -I can be matched with, or against, people very far from me in skill.
    -Dota is a heavily team-based game, meaning the phrase "you are as strong as your weakest link" applies strongly. If you team a group of 4 highly skilled players with 1 complete noob, they are all effectively as bad as he is. MM system does not seem to recognize this principal.
    -The system views it as an option to match me with people far below my level. As opposed to my second post, this is not complaining about it happening, this is complaining about the system viewing it as an option to begin with. Me being teamed up with someone who has 10 games and has the skill of someone with 10 games SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION TO BEGIN WITH!

Basic Member
    First, there need to be more languages on the language selector (also if you get matched with someone who speak Russian, it's probably because the also speak English... They just don't want to)

Second the MM needs to be fixed, I very rarely get matched with someone who is on my skill level. The majority of the time I get matched with newer players, either on my team or the enemies, or I get matched with veterans, but not on both teams. The teams need to be balanced, I enjoy a game where both teams are evenly matched, it usually goes longer but is way more fun. Your skill really matters in those matches. I really don't care about a 50% win/loss ratio, I just like playing the game. As the guy above said "you are as strong as your weakest link" that is not entirely true, the problem with that is those 4 highly skilled players will probably win, but the MM needs to have 5 highly skilled players anyway, not 4.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathTBO View Post
    First, there need to be more languages on the language selector (also if you get matched with someone who speak Russian, it's probably because the also speak English... They just don't want to)

Second the MM needs to be fixed, I very rarely get matched with someone who is on my skill level. The majority of the time I get matched with newer players, either on my team or the enemies, or I get matched with veterans, but not on both teams. The teams need to be balanced, I enjoy a game where both teams are evenly matched, it usually goes longer but is way more fun. Your skill really matters in those matches. I really don't care about a 50% win/loss ratio, I just like playing the game. As the guy above said "you are as strong as your weakest link" that is not entirely true, the problem with that is those 4 highly skilled players will probably win, but the MM needs to have 5 highly skilled players anyway, not 4.
    LOL more language? For what reason? It doesnt stop getting fucking BR and Russians on my fucking queue. You can add whatever u like, you will still get asshats who refuses to speak english even though you selected it.

Basic Member
    Dislikes:

-The usual AKA randoms against 5 man stacks. Plus teammates who feed in safe lane.

Basic Member
    Dear Valve,

I'm sick of russians infesting my games on EU West. I realise you are against region lock but how about you give us one server - ONE SERVER, on which russian IPs would not be allowed to queu on at all. Is that really too much to ask? I'm getting sick of playing this game.

Banned
    I think the random function in AP games should be removed to make them more balanced. I see there are too many players who random and then play heroes that they are bad with or that are bad for their lineup, making their team lose the game almost automatically. Also, there are quite a few randoms that break the game balance (like people randoming the strongest hero), making the game a win independent of the skill of the players, thus deluding the MM system.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    I think the random function in AP games should be removed to make them more balanced. I see there are too many players who random and then play heroes that they are bad with or that are bad for their lineup, making their team lose the game almost automatically. Also, there are quite a few randoms that break the game balance (like people randoming the strongest hero), making the game a win independent of the skill of the players, thus deluding the MM system.
    If you take out random:
    - Someone who wants to play a new hero chooses it > they have a hero they can't play their best > they lose a gold bonus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ACapillary View Post
    If you take out random:
    - Someone who wants to play a new hero chooses it > they have a hero they can't play their best > they lose a gold bonus
    They could still do it in the current version, except that they would have a medium chance to get a hero they are good at (=>imbalanced game) and they are currently encouraged to do it (because of the gold advantage => imbalanced game).
    Less people random = more balanced games.
    Only because 1 guy out of 10 000 decides to pick a hero that he is bad at doesn't mean that removing random is a bad idea. Furthermore, you give the MM a fair chance because the pick would still be an intentionally bad pick, so reducing the players MMR here would be fair.
    If someone always randoms, he could still easily end up with +/-0 MMR change. If someone always picks a bad hero, he would definitely lose MMR.

great matchmaking valve gj..from +30 wins to 10 in 3 days
    Last edited by SpAtx; 06-23-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Basic Member
    First off i want to throw out some credentials before I just post as this is my first post I have made on this site so far and Iregistered specifically to speak on this subject. I am a Master League SC2 Player(ImPWeak[1] was my name before recently changing it to BadWolf) although I quit about a year or 2 ago to play Dota 2. After playing Dota 2 for a while it got boring and I left, I will address this shortly, and went on to League of Legend where I became a top tier player (McCashDollar). But League felt too babyish, they punished to hard for BM, even when the Mod agreed with me that I was being trolled in many instances he replied by saying "Fight fire with fire will still result in punishment" which basically means your suppose to accept that a guy on your team is intentionally feeding, or is afk, or losing the game for you intentionally. Long Story Short i went back to Dota. And it was a GREAT game, I cant even remember why I left the game in the first place, and then...

About 3 weeks into playing I started getting really really bored, I felt like I was making no progress at all. The games I played were fun and all but after the buzz of playing Dota is gone there is no real reason to stick around and keep playing. Which is why I left in the first place, there was no competitive angle to it, just playing games for the sake of playing games. So I find myself not wanting to play as much, maybe buying SC2:HOTS or something, which sucks because I really do want to play Dota2, I just have no reason to. What would the NFL be without tiers and rankings? What would the NBA be with the playoffs? There has to be some visual standing or ranking that I should be able to look at and say to myself, "Im almost there, just gotta win a few more and get a little bit better and ill reach it." Thats what I play for, I mean how in the world do I even know I am getting better at the game? Do I just take surveys from my teammates after everygame asking where they would rate me on a scale of 1 to 10?

Long Story Short Dota 2 needs a Ladder System!