Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Basic Member
    Just played with someone with 13 wins.
    wins.
    He totally ruined the game by himself, it was so bad we just took the abandon.

We were a 4 stack too with everyone higher than 1k wins.
    Don't think i've played with anyone lower than 500 wins for the past year too.
    What's going on?

Edit
    The game is up on dotabuff now
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/240831208
    Notice how we have someone with 13 wins and the lowest after him is close to 700 wins?
    Then the rest are up to 1k.
    Plus, he wasn't even queueing with a friends since we were 4 together.
    The fuck?

Edit2
    Decided to post some feedback about the matchmaking now that i'm here.
    If I understand correctly, the matchmaking will try to search for players that are close in rating and then as the search get longer, will loosen up in order to get a match going.

I think this is the right way to go except :

-You can't match people that have very small game experience with very experienced players that have been playing for years. This is just going to end in a very bad game experience for everyone involved. The experienced player will get mad and the new player will feel bad for being the weak link. It happens right now (see my post for proof) and it really shouldn't since many new players with get frustated and quit playing (you guys seems to care about that a lot too).

-There needs to be brackets and rating to match players. It doesn't have to be public but they need to be there. I'm pretty sure there is already some kind of rating but honestly it doesn't feel right. As far as we know there are only 3 brackets right now : normal, high and very high. With the quantity of players, these brackets have to be really big, therefor the skill difference within them is also really big. I think a good way to improve the rating to match player would be to add more brackets, especially at the higher tier of player because this is where the difference is the largest. Sc2, for exemple, is a nice exemple of a rating/matchmaking system.
    Last edited by laugh; 07-11-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laugh View Post
    Just played with someone with 13 wins.
    wins.
    He totally ruined the game by himself, it was so bad we just took the abandon.

We were a 4 stack too with everyone higher than 1k wins.
    Don't think i've played with anyone lower than 500 wins for the past year too.
    What's going on?

Edit
    The game is up on dotabuff now
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/240831208
    Notice how we have someone with 13 wins and the lowest after him is close to 700 wins?
    Then the rest are up to 1k.
    Plus, he wasn't even queueing with a friends since we were 4 together.
    The fuck?

Edit2
    Decided to post some feedback about the matchmaking now that i'm here.
    If I understand correctly, the matchmaking will try to search for players that are close in rating and then as the search get longer, will loosen up in order to get a match going.

I think this is the right way to go except :

-You can't match people that have very small game experience with very experienced players that have been playing for years. This is just going to end in a very bad game experience for everyone involved. The experienced player will get mad and the new player will feel bad for being the weak link. It happens right now (see my post for proof) and it really shouldn't since many new players with get frustated and quit playing (you guys seems to care about that a lot too).

-There needs to be brackets and rating to match players. It doesn't have to be public but they need to be there. I'm pretty sure there is already some kind of rating but honestly it doesn't feel right. As far as we know there are only 3 brackets right now : normal, high and very high. With the quantity of players, these brackets have to be really big, therefor the skill difference within them is also really big. I think a good way to improve the rating to match player would be to add more brackets, especially at the higher tier of player because this is where the difference is the largest. Sc2, for exemple, is a nice exemple of a rating/matchmaking system.
    Read up first, these Brackets are not used int Matchmaking, they are assigned to replays after the match is over. Rating is done on a continous scale from 1 to 100%.

Dislikes:

-I keep getting matched with Russians and Spanish speakers or normal match making, with language set to English. To stop this you should be able to flag somebody for wrong servers selected and they should be put into a different matchmaking status.

-No matter how well I do in VERY high matchmaking with friends my solo matchmaking ranking doesn't get higher. To help this wins for players normally in normal mm should be more rewarded.

-Almost every game I play carry have supports who refuse to buy wards or chicken and when I ask them to they curse at me and since I'm with these people ever game I don't have enough reports to report them. To stop this there should be a report function for not helping team and they should be forced to do a 20-30m minute tutorial on how to support and how to help you team EVERY TIME A FEW PEOPLE REPORT THEM over a couple of games, to prevent a team from spam reporting somebody.

One more piece of advice:

Make a set of tutorials that test each part of gameplay. Example- a test of your last hitting skills. You start with no items and a naga siren and you have 10 minutes to last hit with no bots against you and it ranks your score normal (+35 last hits), high (+50 last hits), and very high (+65 last hits) and these tutorials will increase your matchmaking status.

Why do people post here? lol... You lose a game and get upset, so you blame something instead of just playing another game. You win and you lose some, grow up.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferreira View Post
    Why do people post here? lol... You lose a game and get upset, so you blame something instead of just playing another game. You win and you lose some, grow up.
    It's not about winning or loosing. Last match I was killing opponents like flies, and it's no fun, because it's like playing against bots on Normal. I want to be matched with people who have similar skill. Matches like that are way more interesting than matches where people are a lot higher or a lot lower skill than you.

Basic Member
    The game still puts me with people who do things like skill nothing but stats and str/agi gain on morph, and then feed because they have no escape ability, and then say things like "FUK U REPOT REPOT CYKA" when they are told to skill wave so they can actually escape.
    People who don't buy regen at the start of the game and then spend the first 10 minutes with 2 creep kills because they have to hide at the edge of exp range with 100 life, because they don't want to 'waste' money on regen.
    People who use all their mana nuking creeps and then die because they have none to defend themselves with at level 2-3.

I don't know what I did to deserve being put with these types of players, am I expected to carry them with crystal maiden perhaps? Should I start making mjolnir and mkb on every support hero because your matchmaking assumes I have to take a carry every game because it doesn't like putting players of equal skill on each team?

Basic Member
    Hi everyone, this is one of my first posts on these forums. I decided to begin posting here specifically because of this issue.

Ever since the game was fully released, it appears that the matchmaking system has become completely broken. I have 892 wins, over 1700 games played, and play most of my games in the Very High bracket, with a few in the High bracket every now and then. In this time since release, I have been matched with people that have anywhere from 10 wins to 150 wins. I have asked them, and they tell me that they are relatively new to this game. There will be the odd person with 400-500 wins but they are rare and completely stomp the game. The general skill level in these games is absurdly low, with players not knowing basic mechanics like carrying TPs, defending towers, warding, and using abilities in fights. I have never encountered anything like this in all my 1700 games, since I was actually at that skill level myself.

I have no idea why I am being queued with people at this skill level, it is extremely perplexing and is ruining my experience of the game. It is to the point where I simply do not want to play anymore, I would rather just play something else. Every match I queue for is guaranteed to have people new to the game, and if anyone has played on a smurf account, you know there is no enjoyment to be had from this. So Valve, I ask you, what happened to your matchmaking system to cause this? I would very much like to go back to playing with people that have 500-1200 wins like I did before. Until then, I simply have no enjoyment in playing and can not actually convince myself to play a game of Dota which is unfortunate because I love this game. So please, take a look at this problem that is causing veteran players to be queued with extremely new people and remedy it because I'm confident other people are experiencing the same problem and it is also making them lose their will to play. I would hate for this to be how it ends.
    Last edited by sizzleby; 07-13-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Grammar

Basic Member
    You should be able to customize MM. I was matched with 2 guys (12 and 21 wins), the rest of my team 500+. OFC they ruined the game for us.
    I dont care how long I have to wait for a game to come up, but I dont want to play a game with such 2 guys again.

So give us some MM options like: "I dont wanna play with ppl < 300 wins" "I dont wanna play with ppl who selected <english/russian/whatever>"

Banned
    Dsilikes: The MM is currently not working in my view.