Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Basic Member

Dislikes:
    - Awful matchmaking once again. Matchmaking was decent for me after July 18th patch, now I don't know what's going on.
    - Despite reporting someone in the previous match, you can get the same player in your team in the next match.
    - Why remove the feedback option?

Basic Member
    I've reached a state where 90% of the time, I can tell which team is going to win based just on the first few minutes of the game, and it seems strongly linked to valves supposed attempts to maintain 50% win rates across the board. Its a stark contrast form hon, where if you were a high ranked player playing on a low level account, you'd get to your real MMR in reasonable time and without having to depend on 5 stacks. I think the supposed forced 50% win rate and absence of visible stats/MMR makes the less proficient players feel more at home and less inclined to quit the game (since people with extremely low visible MMRs and 35% winrates will probably quit the game).

I mean I just won 3 games in a row, and it was evident right away. The supports are babysitting and supporting, theres a courier and wards, people arent dying in 1v3 ganks etc. 4th game I get a support who's autoattacking in lane and doing nothing else, no harass, no stacking/pulling, no leaving the farm for me etc. Theres no courier, no wards. Meanwhile the qop mid is tower diving with her blink into a pudge, getting hooked in tower ranged, and dying. Solo queue has become really tiresome now, because its just an endless, repeating cycle of good allies and bad allies, and it all evens out in the end to a nice 50%.

Playing with friends is the only way to play this game.

Rant over.
    Last edited by JeanLuc; 09-29-2013 at 03:52 AM.

www.dotabuff.com/matches/327024412

Enemy played together. Our teamwork was horrible. Flamewar between tiny sniper and Ench in our team.
    I think bristle and gyro (me) should have taken safe lane instead of solo sniper. Top was literally 0 chance to get farm.

Enemy Naix had around 700 wins, our highest was me i guess with ~ 330.

Banned
    Nothing

Dislike

1. No ranked ladder

2. The fact that you are mixing noobs with pros in your matchmaking

3. The fact that you are swindling matches to keep all as close to 50% as possible

4. Hiding stats to further hide the fact that your matchmaking sucks my ass and promotes swindles.

5. Fuck you for not listening to every community member, but instead going balls to the walls every week with hundreds of new hats.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMastA View Post
    Nothing

Dislike

1. No ranked ladder

2. The fact that you are mixing noobs with pros in your matchmaking

3. The fact that you are swindling matches to keep all as close to 50% as possible

4. Hiding stats to further hide the fact that your matchmaking sucks my ass and promotes swindles.

5. Fuck you for not listening to every community member, but instead going balls to the walls every week with hundreds of new hats.
    I hate to say it but I agree with this guy.

Basic Member
    volvo dosent read what we write anyway

Basic Member

First off before I list my dislikes I would like to say that I don't care if my team feeds if they have a good reason. Going 0-12 due to deaths in team fights is fine (even if it was for a dumb reason IM HAPPY WITH THIS), going 4-5 due to out of position is a big nono.

Dislikes:
    -New match making system,
    I want to wait longer bring back old mm

-Not happy with a lot of the 2 man stacks on my team (for some reason 2 man stacks are worse than 3-4 man).
    You probably give them too much "bonus" mmr.

Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    "Does matchmaking take players who only play one or two heroes into consideration?
    I think you should. If you filter my results my carry and mid are a lot better than my support stats (in terms of win rates while solo queueing, I don't play serious if im with a stack). I don't consider my support worse than those 2 roles, its just I really cannot do anything about my team going full retard and feeding/ picking dumb fights. If they pick dumb fights I just stay and try my best to keep them alive and hopefully give the carry an escape route but this never ends well.

E.g Match 328145562 If you watch that game you will notice that I lead most of it and as a result we're winning. Except for 1 fight where I got stuck and couldn't move. After we lose tier 3 mid tower Death Prophet and SK go out to chase even though I told them to stay. This happens ALL the time. The only thing you can do about noobs is to carry them by either going mid/ pick a carry.

These types of games have increased dramatically ever since you implemented you're new MMR search system a few patches ago, I was happy in Vh(I knew system wasn't perfect BUT it is a tough job) but then you implement this new stupid speed search and all my games have gone to utter shit. Hell i don't even try that much anymore. Yea sure I found a game in 2 minutes then I spend the next 60 minutes of my life wondering if I should quit the game (I never rage AT my team unless provoked). I don't care about how you think you're going, singsing has the highest MMR and he is clearly NOT the best player in the pro scene and he always takes the god dam mid lane anyway.

Unrelated:

-GAME BEING PAUSED SO IDIOTS CAN SPEND 1-2 MINUTES COMING UP WITH A COUNTER PICKS. Why the hell do I have to wait for this crap?
    DISABLE PAUSE AT START OF GAME AND MAYBE IMPOSE A PENALTY FOR GOING OVER TIME
    Last edited by FPsamurai; 09-30-2013 at 09:21 AM.

we need ranked

Basic Member
    haha it happened again, 6 game losing streak due to people who don't even know why auto attacking is bad, then I run into very proficient allies and we end up winning a very one sided game.

Basic Member
    What I dislike is fact that in high skill bracket I often play with/vs players who had play this game less than ~300 hours. They manage to get decent %winrate but have absolutly no sense of the game.
    Suggestion: differ players by hours played or +/- winrate instead of %winrate