Thread: Report system 2019 overhaul -

7500 Plattekloof South African, Cape Town

Report system 2019 overhaul -

Clearly it's not working - Steam discussion here needs some assistance please: [https://steamcommunity.com/app/570/d...cn=1548079504]

123 has Dota 2 19 Jan @ 7:35am
    I have to write this
    the report system is THE most abused, of all the report systems that have been put to use in the video gaming community. A system COMPLETELY automated in the sense that noone looks at it and then if enough people disagree with you in ANYTHING, ANYTHING at ALL, oh you didnt do exactly what i shouted at you in the microphone, well reported. 10 times = low prio/muted. Lowprio/muted => worse playerbase in your party queue pool => more likely to be reported for absolutely nothing => more low prio => the cycle continues. Basically like the american prison system go to prison on any offense (right or not) => become forced to live with hardened criminals => become hardened criminal. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SYSTEM BROKEN AS F

Edit: As the discussion has moved a bit since my first post I would advise everyone to only respond to the latest updates of the thread

More:
    123 has Dota 2 1 hour ago
    Originally posted by ん:
    People that have more than 5-10 reports every conduct summary are about (roughly) 2-3% of the 12 million + playerbase. You can read exact percentage from your own conduct summary.
    System is working as itended. Stop trying to make it sound like a problem because youre getting punished after misbehaving.
    I would really appriciate if you could give me a link to this. I would really like to see it

Edit: Because it wouldnt really suprise me, the biggest part of the community will automatically mute everyone in the picking phase and proceed to only use the mousewheel throughout the match and so only the 2-3% of the "12 mil" accounts (steamcharts shows an average about 400k https://steamcharts.com/app/570) are actually trying to communicate consctructively and through toxicity aswell ofc. The thing is most of the toxicity isnt really toxicity its just the natural response of powerlessness as everyone is mousewheel zombies that doesnt even want to play or collaborate in any way in a densely teamworkbased game - which further correlates with my insentive that the abusive system isnt working at all as it actually has a negative impact. Im not the only one with this belief https://www.afkgaming.com/articles/h...reeds-toxicity

7500 Plattekloof South African, Cape Town
    Card Gamer has Dota 2 19 Jan @ 8:18am
    A punishment system usually doesn’t make the player pool better or worse. That doesn’t work neither in real life nor in video gaming. It‘s the community itself which is responsible for the social standards.

The system identifies the social misfits on basis of community feed-back and executes the will of the majority. It timely removes the social misfits to protect the other players. Simple as it is. With a minimum of social awareness and the will to adapt you can easily live with that system. But if you always think you are right and all others are wrong you may run into problems. Btw., getting reported to much or being out of reports all the time is only a problem in lower skill solo queue.