Thread: The title of the poll for the DotaBuff thread is misleading

Basic Member

The title of the poll for the DotaBuff thread is misleading

Its not about whether they are allowed to use the information.

They are. ITs about hwo they use it. It infringes on privacy which is why Valve needs to protect privacy before the information gets released.

DBuff is not legally attacked. A more appropriate question would be: Should stats be private or public? The answer has already been given by Valve. It should be a choice by the player.

An even better question would be directed at DBuff. "How would you use the information if it was defaulted to public?"

The information that was available today, relating to privacy, was not any different than the information available for the past 7 months. Why is everyone crying about this now? DoTABuff was an incredibly useful tool that allowed people to get better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Esfe89 View Post
    Its not about whether they are allowed to use the information.

They are. ITs about hwo they use it. It infringes on privacy which is why Valve needs to protect privacy before the information gets released.

DBuff is not legally attacked. A more appropriate question would be: Should stats be private or public? The answer has already been given by Valve. It should be a choice by the player.

An even better question would be directed at DBuff. "How would you use the information if it was defaulted to public?"
    Without stats of all players the information on DB is statistically incorrect...
    Dotabuff could operate if they would get at least private stats anonymously. But without those stats that site is broken.

Basic Member
    Well that is too bad for them. Again the title of the poll is misleading because it is a question on privacy.

I too would like correct private DBR but is also up to DBuff though they only showed their colours after the fact

Basic Member
    Esfe89, Yuo have absolutely no clue about what you're talking about. Please stop trying to 'contribute' unless it's about bug feedbacks. If you want to contribute, first do your research.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by setthe5 View Post
    Esfe89, Yuo have absolutely no clue about what you're talking about. Please stop trying to 'contribute' unless it's about bug feedbacks. If you want to contribute, first do your research.
    Yeah he may have written stuff but none of it actually means anything. Esfe have you considered becoming a politician?

Basic Member
    seriously i sat here reading his posts like 3 or 4 times and still nothing. wtf is he even trying to say is beyond me. it's retards like this guy and some other dicks(icefrog and gabe newell to ame a few) who think that they have the right to stop me from veiwing the progress i have made in the game that i love and have put 600+ hours in. not only does valve not implement a stat system but shuts down any1 who tries to get something done? srsly disappointed in valve, just sad

Basic Member
    Well, people had to sign in through steam so they were allowing their stats to be read.