View Poll Results: Should the default privacy option be public?

Voters
2565. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1,883 73.41%
  • no

597 23.27%
  • Other (tell your opinion in the thread)

85 3.31%
Page 3 of 234 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTABUFF and Privacy Option Feedback

Basic Member
    I have heard this compromise, and think it is a good one.

Valve should still allow the data to be accessed for people with the option set to "Private", but it should disassociate the data from the player's steamid/dota account, whatever. The names would show up as <private> but still have their stats, and still show up as "players", but with no way to trace it back to their in game account.

That way 3rd party sites can still have the data, and people can have their privacy protected.

Basic Member
    This poll is bad. Currently valve does let 3rd party sites use statistics.. so answer yes?

default should be public, period.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post

Valve should still allow the data to be accessed for people with the option set to "Private", but it should disassociate the data from the player's steamid/dota account, whatever. The names would show up as <private> but still have their stats, and still show up as "players", but with no way to trace it back to their in game account.

That way 3rd party sites can still have the data, and people can have their privacy protected.
    That's a really good one.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post

+1

Basic Member
    I was pretty clear Valve did not want things like Rating, that is the reason they hid the MMR that was visible in the console. Dotabuff should have respected Valve's decision. I really like that Valve don't allow things like this, it would turn the community into a flame fest, we all can see what happened to HoN and LoL. You know how they say 'Learn from your mistakes'; Valve is more like 'Learn from other's mistakes' :d ! Good job Valve !

Basic Member
    How about a popup on the first start of Dota2 after the Update with the possibility to choose. "Private" or "Public"?

So everyone would see and react to the change and both parties would be happy.
    The DBR idea of Dotabuff was pretty damn awful and I totally agree with Valve's way of dealing with it, but this destroys the whole platform - a thing I don't think is appropriate.

Probably did this so no one can see how bad their Matchmaking truly is.

Basic Member
    I will share my stats, i'm on very high matchmaking and i'm not ashamed by ma ratio, BUT i'm tired of retards bullying on worse players because "OMG ONLY 51%!!" It's every person personal choice, T-up for private stats

Basic Member
    im glad they wont just snatch my stats without my permission thank you very much. Im glad this is put in