View Poll Results: Should the default privacy option be public?

Voters
2565. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1,883 73.41%
  • no

597 23.27%
  • Other (tell your opinion in the thread)

85 3.31%
Page 4 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTABUFF and Privacy Option Feedback

Banned
    Good on valve.
    They have obviously made their point. They want nothing like this now or in the future.

Good Job

Basic Member
    If they still have all the data from past matches... can't they simply create a rating based on it despite it being set private from now on?

DEFAULT MUST BE PRIVATE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BNi-PoweR. View Post
    The noobs won this one guys.

Instead of taking their poor stats into consideration and using it as an incentive to get better, they want to hide their stats so they won't get their feelings hurt and stay bad until they quit this game.

Riot >>>>>>>>>> Valve

Thinking about quitting this game because it's boring as hell without competition. I love dota but I hate not knowing where I stand. I do my best to get better and then valve shits all over any type of stats visibility.

I won't be surprised if this game dies relatively quickly (compared to other games) after release. I might be happy if it does.
    I have a 50% win rate due to constantly being matched with retards on my team. Whenever I play with a team of smart people who use voice chat, we dominate together, but it's EXTREMELY rare for that to happen.

Why should others be given the impression that I suck by looking at my statistics when in reality I'm usually the one trying to carry my team's fat ass?

Basic Member
    Valve did a awesome job as always, if they want an MMR system.. they do it themselves.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    And from me, a sincere thank you for destroying dotabuff. Couldn't stand it, really.
    Same

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4t3r_gaming View Post
    Good on valve.
    They have obviously made their point. They want nothing like this now or in the future.

Good Job
    Why am I not surprised someone with a 0% winrate wants stats hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by FinaRGoT View Post
    DEFAULT MUST BE PRIVATE
    It really won't matter in the end.

If default were public, players who care about stats would leave it alone. Players who don't want there stats tracked will instantly turn it off. Even more players will switch it off as soon as they start getting trolled over their stats. In the end, the only people that will keep it on are the ones who want huge e-peens.
    ◕_◕

Basic Member
    It's the perfect compromise, really. Dotabuff is great for tracking your own detailed stats, and tracking your own improvement. It still will be. But now you can't use it to make unfair judgements about other players. A DBR or any other stat is not going to quickly tell you how good someone is. It only makes the community hostile and competitive for ranking points instead of focusing on the actual game.

+1 Valve. It's sad to see the people at dotabuff squished like this, but I think they really should have seen it coming.

Guys, Valve must be planning on a rating system when they r trying to shut down dotabuff due to the fact that they don't care about most of the things that not related to them