Thread: [Suggestion] Special Catapult Icon

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Special Catapult Icon

I think giving catapults their own minimap icon would be helpful even it was just a slightly different shape or size. This can help give an idea how dangerous a creep wave push is to a tower beyond just size. I actually had this idea because a replay I was watching bugged and the catapults were all identified to be dire's ancient and thus had the large ancient icon instead of the standard creep icon on the minimap. It was actually pretty nice for spectating purposes because I could tell which waves were probably pushing more based on if they had catapults or not.

http://i.imgur.com/UqRFxBy.jpg

As you can see the icon is obviously out of place on the minimap, but if done properly I think it could make a nice feature.

Basic Member
    The problem is that dota is also meant to cater to the eSport level and they should know simply by the clock that a catapult wave is on route (that or mad map scrolling skills).

It would clutter the minimap too much, I think. I like how clean the minimap is right now. You can glance at it, get a quick read, and be good to go. Plus it's usually easy to tell if a large wave is coming simply because there's a mass of red moving down the lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri Battousai View Post
    Firstly hi, i am not a racist but really i hate all of russians....

Basic Member
    It's really easy to remember, when catapult wave are spawning 3:00 and every seventh wave from then (6:30, 10:00 etc). Not saying its absolutely terrible idea, but unless icon is really subtle and doesn't clutter the minimap its redundant IMO.

if it's just a square or slightly larger circle, sure, why not

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    It's really easy to remember, when catapult wave are spawning 3:00 and every seventh wave from then (6:30, 10:00 etc). Not saying its absolutely terrible idea, but unless icon is really subtle and doesn't clutter the minimap its redundant IMO.
    This is not easy to remember

Basic Member
    Towers go down that easily to heroes at the moment, I think the impact o catapults is not big enough to justify a special minimap icon.

Also they spawn on all lanes, so there are not many places you can look to not see them rolling in time.