Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Backpack extender should be cheaeper or larger

  1. #1
    Volunteer Moderator CvP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,334

    Backpack extender should be cheaeper or larger

    I think the backpack extender should either be cheaper for the current size it extends or it should extend the backpack more.
    Only two pages for $5 seems quite expensive.

    Make it two pages for $3 or 5 pages for $6.

  2. #2
    Basic Member chukky-jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    890
    just pointing this out eventhough this is different game :

    dota 2 BP expand = 128 slots
    tf 2 BP expand = 100 slots

    we already have 640 free slot at the game start... so this might be a bit justified, though i don't know where is the difference of paid and free accounts now, it's completely gone?
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

    Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

  3. #3
    Volunteer Moderator CvP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    just pointing this out eventhough this is different game :

    dota 2 BP expand = 128 slots
    tf 2 BP expand = 100 slots

    we already have 640 free slot at the game start... so this might be a bit justified, though i don't know where is the difference of paid and free accounts now, it's completely gone?
    Yes, paid/free, all have 640 at start.

    Also, I believe you can't really compare dota2 with tf2 in this regard. dota is a much larger game than tf2 in every way not to mention number of heroes and cosmetics for each of them...

  4. #4
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    81
    I don't see the usefulness of this tool anyway

    1) Nobody gets to fill 640 slots EVER, except people who don't want to delete a single item including chest series #1 and 10 common omniknight bracer duplicates, and probably keep stuff like used condoms and toilet paper IRL
    2) Everybody got like 10+ invites for getting another 640 slots on another account

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftending View Post
    ... Everybody got like 10+ invites for getting another 640 slots on another account...

    ^ i can give you an invite so you got more slots

    and ppl do use them, mainly traders., i use like 2 accounts to keep my items organized

  6. #6
    Basic Member chukky-jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    890
    ^+1 that's why i asked the difference between paid and free account

    since there is no difference so far, i can assume when the game came out w/o any changes there's no need for expander since we can always have f2p acc with 640 slot and trade it to them
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

    Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

  7. #7
    Basic Member gattsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    213
    I bought 2 backpack expander myself and im happy about it since it allows me to sort my pages with enough room to not lose overview. And i agree that 4 is a bit too much imho.

    Im posting here since im to lazy to search where to say it but i really miss some sort of tweaks in our backpack (pls keep in mind i never considered using new accounts as "mules"):

    -Leave the page number of backpack u last visited as refference to get back if u click on backpack again (dont reset it to page 1 if u leave your "backpack"). Scrolling through 12 or more pages everytime is boring.
    -Im sorting my backpack pages so i would love to see a feature that allows to sort out better our items/hero specific items. For example let us have an easier overview over what we have without mixing up everything. I know there is already a "sort by" feature but its not useful in my case.
    Let me explain, i love to use 1 entire page for 1 hero if i have a lot of items for one (sorting all kinds of swords, helms, armors of that hero in a organized way without mixing other hero items on that same page). It helps me have fast overview and reminding me what items i miss for each hero/set.
    -I put all my "duplicates" in the last page to know that all that stuff is "free for trade" , "ready to be deleted to inmediately get a chance of higher quality" or w/e.


    SUGESTION:
    -Make it possible to sort hero items for pages or add a feature that allow us to have a quick way to get an overview of how many items we got for each hero, which are duplicates, etc. without mixing up the WHOLE inventory (when using "sort by").
    I want to keep my "organisation" of pages and not be subject to the limited use of "sort by".
    -Some sort of tool that allows us to quickly see what items each player is willing to trade and to be able for others to fast check it. (trading porposes) There are good trading groups and websites already but why not keep it all inside the game? Its really hard to get your commons fast. Feels like you can only trade with "keys" or overpaying and its really hard to find fast and simple 1:1 trades.

  8. #8
    Volunteer Moderator CvP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftending View Post
    I don't see the usefulness of this tool anyway

    1) Nobody gets to fill 640 slots EVER, except people who don't want to delete a single item including chest series #1 and 10 common omniknight bracer duplicates, and probably keep stuff like used condoms and toilet paper IRL
    2) Everybody got like 10+ invites for getting another 640 slots on another account
    1. May be you don't but many people do.
    2. Why should we have to open alt accounts for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by gattsu View Post
    I bought 2 backpack expander myself and im happy about it since it allows me to sort my pages with enough room to not lose overview. And i agree that 4€ is a bit too much imho.
    .........
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=67843

  9. #9
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    96
    i reckon more people would be willing to buy it if it was cheaper, otherwise they will continue to open new accounts to store items (which is free) while valve receives no money whatsoever

    +1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •