Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Panda, please delete from store.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroBr View Post
    if they delete the item, they should make it Untradeable, so these traders that are oh so damn worried about the "lore"(how many keys they will get) will learn to not abuse the items.

This man has sense.

RyokoSimon, PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR PANDA SET WHEN THEY DELETE IT OK??
    http://tf2b.com/dota/RyokoSimon#9

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CEEREAL View Post
    this!
    I just got panda set and it's really nice. panda's pretty cute and it's true that it doesn't really fit, but maybe some rework will fix it. Why would you remove it. He's much nicer than the normal bear. he's not a pandaren or w/e... and being white make him more visible.
    Last edited by arheidis; 01-30-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
    Though you're saying you want something so much that you couldn't bear to see it removed, yet at the same time you don't want to go out of your way to get it?
    No. I'm saying that there's no need for it to be removed. I'm saying that Valve shouldn't retroactively remove cosmetics based on threads like these. It's not like the Alpine Stalker set, which had an abysmal Steam Workshop rating. This set has 5 stars - the bear itself has 5 stars across over 1,000 votes.

And again, we all have cosmetics we dislike or just don't care for. Unless there is mass community disapproval (which this thread doesn't even come close to representing), none of them should be removed from the store. Simple as that.
    ◕_◕

bwahahaha exposed

Basic Member
    Oh wow, owned so hard.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by end_ View Post
    I thought there was something about violence against pandas in China preventing games from being sold there? what's valve gonna do about this
    WoW in china is workign fine.........

Basic Member
    Majority voted in the workshop for 5 stars. Majority rules.

Stop complaining holy shit.

Deleting and making the item untradeable is a fucking terrible idea and is completely unfair to traders. And seeing valve's past practices I'm pretty confident such a silly idea will ever happen.
    Last edited by polkunus; 01-30-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    did you folks saying it's against the lore even read the lore?

It's absolutely perfect. The manifestation of Druid's inner peace. Just saying "it's not lore related!!!111" isn't good enough, please back it up by explaining why a hero who is all about bears and a creature that is the manifestation of that hero's feelings, can't change form to something cuter when the hero is calm.

This just seems like a blatant cash grab to ride the coattails of Alpine Ursa's wealth.

Well, I guess think of it this way.
    What if Valve had gone a different route with Druid, due to copy write or whatever. Imagine they named him "Lone Monk" and make him a bald asian man in a robe. And his spirit animal was a panda.

Would such a hero look out of place in Dota 2? Absolutely not. So does giving the identical animal to a slightly different character, and then explain that change in lore make any difference?

With Alpine Ursa, it's hard to imagine Valve designing Ursa to look like that default. With the panda, I could easily see the animal being the default on Druid.

Plus it's mythical and expensive. Of the Druids you see, maybe twice a month, how many of them will have the panda to offend you? Via least played I've seen now 2 Lone Druids, none of which had the panda.
    While you don't probably see the Panda in every game you play in a pub, we can already see teams in streamed tournaments playing with it.
    You can look through my other posts going through why the panda idea is pretty strange, cause I've seen other people getting sick with me reposting the same bit of text over and over again.

On the subject of the lone monk, you'd probably be right, since we haven't seen any hero being altered in the slightest since their release, with the excpetions of Lion and Vengeful Spirit.
    Feels like the community will accept any hero release at this point, no matter how silly the end result will be compared to the first consepts (i.e. troll warlord).

Basic Member
    Wow, you so mad. Its a gift from someone special.