Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Neutral Creeps forced-protect the hero under attack (from another hero)

[Confirmed] Neutral Creeps forced-protect the hero under attack (from another hero)

Summary:

Neutral Creeps who are within a combat, lose their current focus, and rather begin attacking the hero, if that hero attacks another hero within the acquisation range.
    Basically, Neutral Creeps act like the allied lane creeps of the one who's under attack.

Reproduction Steps:
    1. -createhero X
    2. -createhero Y enemy
    3. Pull the Radiant bottom lane creeps to the Neutral Camp near Tier 3 tower
    4. Get inside the acquisation range (300 AoE as far as I know) of a Neutral Creep with the hero X
    5. Attack to the hero Y within that AoE

Current Result:

Neutral Creeps choose you over the lane creeps that they are already in a combat with. Just as if they were Dire lane creeps, they protect Y from you.

Expected Result:

Neutral Creeps should disregard that combat between you and the enemy and keep on attacking the Radiant lane creeps.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There is one more example Reproduction Steps I have, which makes it a little more obvious that it shouldn't happen:
    1. -createhero X
    2. -createhero Y enemy
    3. -lvlup 25
    4. -levelbots 25
    5. Attack any of the Neutral Creep Camps with Y
    6. Get inside the acquisation range of the Neutral Creeps with X
    7. While Y and the Neutral Creeps are still having a combat, attack to Y with X

>> And they begin attacking X, they shouldn't. They just have to ignore that fight between them, and attack the ones who are attacking to them, in this case Y, and in the previous case the Radiant lane creeps.

Kevinriz9r has pointed this out. Thanks to him for such finds.
    I made some tests on W3 DotA, and ended up with this conclusion. I am not fully informed on this, therefore I would rather like to hear someone else confirming it aswell first.
    According to my tests, Neutral Creeps only attack to the ones who attack them. Or the ones who get inside their acquisation range, but only when they are idle.

Basic Member
    I thought you were supposet to be able to switch neutral creep agro by attacking.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whaleye View Post
    I thought you were supposet to be able to switch neutral creep agro by attacking.
    It is true only for your own creeps when you attack them. Sounds like a bug to me

Basic Member
    This is a massive bug and I can't believe it hasn't been reported before. I've taken unnecessary damage from this bug too many times to count. It's really painful and game changing early game, e.g. when you try to gank a jungling hero and you stun them infront of the neutrals then instead of damaging him, they turn and start attacking you.

Confirming.

Neutral agro shouldn't be the same as Lane creep aggro.

Moderate bug, really affects when ganking junglers.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

An example of why is this an important difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...5M32vsUE#t=58s

Quote Originally Posted by LightofHell View Post
    This is a massive bug and I can't believe it hasn't been reported before. I've taken unnecessary damage from this bug too many times to count. It's really painful and game changing early game, e.g. when you try to gank a jungling hero and you stun them infront of the neutrals then instead of damaging him, they turn and start attacking you.
    Actually it is a very big bug unlike what post #5 tries to assure you. What post #4 mentions is just the tip of the iceberg. This is also having a great effect on trying to attack enemies that trying to get their creep wave to attack the neutrals. The best way for the opponents do deal with it is to simply LH the neutrals and/or creep wave and it is suicidal with this bug presently in the game to actually attack the hero doing the jungling. It also means that is is very simple and effective(too much so in fact) to jungle with the opponent's creep wave!

Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    Actually it is a very big bug unlike what post #5 tries to assure you. What post #4 mentions is just the tip of the iceberg. This is also having a great effect on trying to attack enemies that trying to get their creep wave to attack the neutrals. The best way for the opponents do deal with it is to simply LH the neutrals and/or creep wave and it is suicidal with this bug presently in the game to actually attack the hero doing the jungling. It also means that is is very simple and effective(too much so in fact) to jungle with the opponent's creep wave!
    I meant moderate because it's marked as "Low" right now in our bug list. I also think it's very big, as I mention in #7.

Duplicate, welp.
    Last edited by Noya; 04-09-2013 at 09:57 AM.