Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Prevent Valve from Renaming Pitlord something dumb!

Basic Member

Lets Prevent Valve from Renaming Pitlord something dumb!

"If this thread is not needed or Valve has decided on a new name or keeping Pit Lord please close it"
    With all the bristlebog and Outworld Demolisher nonsense people seem to have forgotten that other heroes are probably going to be renamed, One of those Heroes is Pit lord my all time favorite hero thematically and I feel responsible so as a Preventative measure we have to take steps in search of a name cool enough and lore safe to be its replacement before valve renames pit lord something dumb like Bog Demolisher or Hole Lord.

"Edit"Pyre Lord seems to be the name chosen by Valve but I believe it is not suitable as a name replacement for 4 reasons, First reason Pyre Lord is a fire themed name Pit lord only has one fire themed spell which is Firestorm by that logic Skeleton King would be renamed Pyre King and changed to burning wood but jokes aside it doesn't match Pit Lords other 3 dark demon themed spells. We have enough fire themed heroes in dota 2 and not enough Dark Demon which we only have 3 other hero who is dark demon themed which is Shadow Demon, Shadow fiend and NightStalker. Lastly Dire needs more Darkness! Also we might as well throw Valve as many ideas as possible before they actually decide to keep Pyre Lord.

Here its how its going to go down, There is going to be a poll in the future with the top ten candidates,
    Once the thread gets big enough Ill update it with whatever you guys felt was the coolest 10 in the bunch.
    If you think a name in the current top ten is good enough to be Pit Lords replacement say so.
    PlayDota also has a thread going http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253494

Pitlord in action(for people who don't know)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij8sxagO7WA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jse8NSPT5A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYQ3921AP_Q
    http://www.playdota.com/heroes/pit-lord

Pit: Basically means a hole in the ground or Hell in the definition.
    Lord:Lording a location or peoples(demons in this case)

Here are some Examples to help you along. (you don't have to follow the examples whatever helps lorewise)

Pit
    Aybss
    Crater
    Chasm
    Hollow
    Hell
    Rift
    ----------
    Lord
    Master
    King
    Baron
    tyrant
    Fiend

Current Top Candidates(from 1-10 from best to worst until a name is removed and replaced with the next one in line)
    (Poll Will Open when CyborgMatt discovers pitlords skin)(most of these will be replaced by newer more popular names)
    (+ or - to the ones you like and dislike will influence the top ten)

1.Rift Lord
    2.Pit Fiend
    3.Abyss Master
    4.Vile Lord
    5.Pit King
    6.Chasm King
    7.Lord Pit
    8.Abyssal Lord
    9.Pit Tyrant
    10.Master Crater(joke entry)
    Last edited by ArchDragon; 03-15-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Fixed

MasterCrater sounds about right.

Basic Member
    He's gonna be named Pyre Lord

source: The bastion announcer calls him by it. Of course they can still change their minds but if this is the back-up name they chose in case they can't use pit Lord then it'll most likely be the one used.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    He's gonna be named Pyre Lord

source: The bastion announcer calls him by it. Of course they can still change their minds but if this is the back-up name they chose in case they can't use pit Lord then it'll most likely be the one used.
    I've heard of this but Pyre just a bunch of wood burning has nothing to do with pits in the ground sir. Also rather let the community chose the name than valves naming process.

Really? Pyre lord?

I get it, but I was kinda really hoping to disambiguate his abbreviation from PL's.

Also, pit lord doesn't really have anything to do with pits or fires or lords.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchDragon View Post
    I've heard of this but Pyre just a bunch of wood burning has nothing to do with pits in the ground sir. Also rather let the community chose the name than valves naming process.
    Just because he was a lord of pits and underworld in dota 1 doesn't mean he has to stay that way, he might, but doesn't have to. They can just change his theme, quite frankly, we already have doom as the lord of hell, shadow demon and shadow fiend as other hell creatures, visage and razor guard the maze which leads to hell, I think it's enough hell people, changing his theme seems best. And he still might remain pit lord, but knowing all the blizzard bullcrap I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    Quite frankly, we already have doom as the lord of hell, shadow demon and shadow fiend as other hell creatures, visage and razor guard the maze which leads to hell, I think it's enough hell people, changing his theme seems best.
    Quite frankly, we already have doom as scorching guy, batrider and jakrio as other flame creatures, dragon knight and lina are ppl that make fire, I think it's enough burning people, leaving his theme seems best.

Groundwall Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttempest View Post
    Duh... its the IceFrog dude. Kinda like Chuck Norris just in Dota.

Basic Member
    We are getting close I can feel it.

Abyss Master

A true demon can never die.

I dare you to show me your bones.