Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] "In a Party" Notification (Friends List)

Basic Member

[SUGGESTION] "In a Party" Notification (Friends List)

The game tells us when in-game friends are playing, spectating, finding match, etc. It would be really nice if it told us if they were in a party. Many times I invite them or they invite me and we find that we're already in parties. Maybe add an "In a Party (2/5)" or something like that where it gives status (spectating, finding match, etc.). That way we're not inviting people that are already in a full party, or can see that someone is almost full so we shouldn't join/combine a party when there isn't enough space for everyone.

--edit--

Concept Image By: lunatic3k
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deejaybos; 01-30-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Basic Member
    bump for feedback

Banned
    I think we need it, it happens on a regular basis that I get invited while i'm already in a party.
    +1

Basic Member
    What would "Finding a match" look like ? The way it'd done now is to use only one row of text. Overdoing the status would just clutter the dashboard.
    I think an icon would be better. I would imagine the icon before the status text. Or at least just a number (representing the number of members) in a circle. The descriptive text could show up when you open their profile, though, to complement the icon.

+0.5 for the idea (although already suggested) but -0.5 for the extra text on the dashboard.

Basic Member
    yeah, could be useful sometimes. +1

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    What would "Finding a match" look like ? The way it'd done now is to use only one row of text.
    I think an icon would be better. I would imagine the icon before the status text. Or at least just a number (representing the number of members) in a circle.
    "Finding a match (Party 2/5)" ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    "Finding a match (Party 2/5)" ?
    True, except for "Outworld Devourer level 25 (Party 2/5)" on lower resolutions

Basic Member
    What would "Finding a match" look like ? The way it'd done now is to use only one row of text.
    I think an icon would be better. I would imagine the icon before the status text. Or at least just a number (representing the number of members) in a circle.
    Maybe a picture of a birthday party hat, (the cone one) next to the player name, just to signify they're in a party, or maybe a [P], (P), or just some type of symbol that is easy to identify that someone is partied or not. Having the party player count would be the icing on top.

PlayerName [(P)3/5]
    Searching for Match

Banned
    blame OD, not the system.
    I think you don't need it in the game (only for the Main Menu, Watching Replay and Finding Game state), and you can shorten it to just Finding a match (2)

Basic Member

Party 3/5

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post

Party 3/5
    Looks pretty amazing. Want!!