Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Haunt exceptions not included

Volunteer Moderator

[Fixed] Haunt exceptions not included

The follow exceptions listed in the original thread have not been ported:

NORMAL WORKING (Same as on heroes):

Impales (Earth spike - Lion, Ravage on Tidehunter etc.)
    All slows work the same. - fixed

DIFFERENT TO HERO INTERACTION:

Song of the siren & Nightmare which causes them to get immobilised, but still attack as normal

Discussion:

Now. First of all SLOWS REALLY NEED TO WORK (both AS and MS reductions aren't working atm)! This is a huge oversight, and makes it TOO powerful.

Second of all having invulnerable images running after you and hitting you isn't very much fun (which is currently what's happening when naga ulties, or bane sleeps a haunt image). In WC3 they were IMMOBILISED, however that seems a bit buggy so they should probably just actually sleep :/ Although, I guess things haunting you don't sleep

Impales... Meh, that's a weird exception tbh, and other impale things haven't been ported, such as it resetting the permanent invis timer.

Have a video:

Last edited by blash365; 02-01-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: marked fix part of the bug report

Shut up you
    Dev all is working good, move along nothing to see here.

*Its Spec's time now, balance for all this time in which she was broken!*

On a serious note, yep its over fixed if I could say that so some adjustments is needed to have it perfect same like Dota 1.

Basic Member
    Off topic but I wish there was some committee that decided which interactions be ported over. By the end of this, this game will be a mumbled mess of countless exceptions in standard interactions. We are imitating many of the constraints of wc3 engine are we not? I hope icefrog or someone approves which interactions are "bugs/limitations" and which are gameplay features. Its a line so thin I guess its the developers job to discern which is which and I'm unsure if anyone at valve is qualified to make decisions that affect the games balance this greatly.
    Last edited by omegadon3; 01-30-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Basic Member
    slow should definitely work. nightmare and SotS should either fully work on haunt illusion(immobilize and disable) or doesnt work at all IMO. impale... well, maybe make them intended? never a fan of wierd interactions

Volunteer Moderator
    ^I agree 100%, and think they should *probably* work, seeing as they effectively work after you move 50 units in WC3 DotA too (out of range), and yeah...

Like I said in my post impales are a bit iffy, and there are tonnes of weird interactions with them that no longer exist, so this should probably just get put into the intended changes pile, as they're now pretty much just a stun.

Volunteer Moderator
    Bump - added video to the OP - as you can see the slow isn't even stopping attack speed like it should :/

In my opinion, all spells should work on the illusions just like they do with other illusions. No need to have exceptions or complicated random spell working/not working.

Volunteer Moderator
    Then why would they work like that in wc3 dota? Surely it's a lot harder to code them to be different than to be the same :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Then why would they work like that in wc3 dota? Surely it's a lot harder to code them to be different than to be the same :P
    Not necessarily. There's a lot of weird and broken shit in WC3 that makes no sense.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules

while we're on the subject: in dota 1, zombies (tombstone) dont get disabled by stuns either) can they in dota 2?