Thread: Some suggestions

Basic Member

Some suggestions

-Hero Win Rates

-kills/deaths/assist overall and possibly filter for each individual hero.

-Sorting for heroes in my match history. example: lets say i filter shadow fiend as a hero, it will show me my win rate and all my matchmaking games on the hero. Would be very convenient for finding shadow friend replays etc.
    I also think that if it's not public there should be an option to make it public because if a pro player who was willing to make their profile public I could just filter a specific hero and find one of their games on it.

-"best records" like dotabuff highest gpm game, highest kills in a game etc.

-skill level of some sort (private) i don't necessarily mean an MMR, but at the same time normal/high/very high might not be enough. I realize the reasoning for not having mmr and while I think the current setup is great with no mmr, at the same time you still need to have SOMETHING for the people who need a number or rank of some sort. Being flamed for having a certain MMR would make the game a horrible experience, but at the same time i think there still needs to be something on the line each game since some people really need it. The game is amazing but sometimes its just not enough, some people just need the feeling that something is on the line during a game, or that maybe there's a reward if they win. I realize it might sound childish but it's just a type of competitiveness that a lot of people have.

I realize my last suggestion doesn't actually contribute to the problem I address but I think it's something to think about.

Basic Member
    I like everything except kda and MMR. KDA is a horrible metric for how valuable someone is in a game, and it would only turn the community into HoN's

Basic Member
    I really like records (alla Dotabuff). Highest number of lh, denies...that stuff.

I don't want K/D anywhere PLEASE. That sucks.

I dislike kda, but as long as it's personal, why not?
    And I miss the tension of being ranked and going against better players. In sc2 it actually shows the rank of others and it allows me to try harder when I'm up against tougher opponents.
    Here's my dotabuff profile in case anyone's interested: https://dotabuff.com/players/5887247

Basic Member
    I'm assuming these would be private though. I personally don't care about K/D/A either but I know that people do, and i feel like there could be a middle ground for everyone. Could be wrong obviously, just a suggestion.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttddoo View Post
    I'm assuming these would be private though. I personally don't care about K/D/A either but I know that people do, and i feel like there could be a middle ground for everyone. Could be wrong obviously, just a suggestion.
    If you go through the effort of making kda display, that's a justification for it being meaningful to a lot of players. It just sends the wrong message, even if it's private. On top of that, you know there'd be people going "OH YEAH? WHAT'S YOUR KDA THEN BIG GUY?" whenever you point anything about.

Display (K+A)/D and don't break it down further. I think everyone would agree that gives a statistic that IS important.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules

Basic Member
    Low KDA means that you are bad at surviving and/or are minimally involved in teamfigts. It doesn't mean that you don't contribute otherwise, but it's something to evaluate. Maybe your map awareness needs work, so you notice approaching enemies and fights about to happen better.
    XPM/GPM are undoubtedly meaningful for farming roles.
    Lumping all stats together would be just as wrong as omitting all of them.

Basic Member
    That percentile thing DBR tried was interesting imo.

I understand that Valve doesn't wanna show MMR, but these percentiles would give a good guess where in the wide range of players I can find myself At least approximately

PS I wouldn't mind more accurate quantiles too