Thread: Why even have performance bars?

Basic Member

Why even have performance bars?

Since Valve is pretty against visible MMR for the whole idea of not letting people compare e-peen, why even have performance bars? Still basically achieves the same negative aspects of having people compare how good they are by using this stat, except less people care about performance bars. Doesn't make much sense to have one private stat and not have another, since visible MMR can be kept just as private as performance bars. Just seems like a lot of extra work for nothing, to perfect this skill bar that few will take seriously anyways.
    Last edited by Chanpinko; 01-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Basic Member
    is a very (very) mild version of mmr that allows the player to know if he is good at certain heroes.
    Come visit my highlighted guide!How to play Support guide

Come show SUPPORT for fixing the slardar's model in Rant: Dota2's Slardar model thread. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes.I.Did View Post
    God with 7k+ views and 99% of people agreeing that slardar's dota 2 model is shit we should take this thread over to dota2 dev and make them do something about it, i literally NEVER willingly pick slardar in dota 2 because of his ugly as shit model and attack animations.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningSera View Post
    is a very (very) mild version of mmr that allows the player to know if he is good at certain heroes.
    That one.

Also, it can also be (or rather is it) the basis for matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by iStorming View Post
    That one.

Also, it can also be (or rather is it) the basis for matchmaking.
    It has nothing to do with matchmaking. The system cannot predict beforehand what heroes you're going to pick.
    Here's my dotabuff profile in case anyone's interested: https://dotabuff.com/players/5887247

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSera View Post
    But it doesn't. There isn't nearly enough information for that.

If I have 7/10 with Invoker, does that mean I'm good at him? What if I only play QW Invoker and feed as EQ Invoker? What if I only play Forge Spirits+Coldsnap? What if I go Invokeless Invoker, build Mjoll and Daed and still do well? Am I good then?

What does 7/10 even mean? Better than 70% of other Invoker players? Better than 70% of Invoker players at my skill level? Hell, what does "better" mean? Is it judging me by K/D, (K+A)/D, GPM, XPM, towers destroyed, Win/Loss or what? Does a game like this count as me being a "good" Nature's Prophet?

As an example: the current Performance Bars in the stable client insist that my best hero is Axe, closely followed by Ancient Apparition. Does that seem accurate (or indeed at all sane) based on my overall hero stats?
    Last edited by DarkLite; 01-31-2013 at 06:13 AM.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules