Thread: Considering KDA is the main statistic ppl go by ingame..

Basic Member

Considering KDA is the main statistic ppl go by ingame..

I think this is a problem that should be addressed. Not sure how to get arround it.

So we have KDA ingame, which favors nukers/carry. This system rewards these players. And everybody feeels great if the have kills, and feels bad if they have assists.

Imo K = A. and the amount of damage / lockdown should be measured. A simple silence can win a fight and should matter more than xx00 dmg being done by some one.

Please take down the KDA system.

Moving on stats. just track all stats as dotabuff, and give badges like dotalicious did. Ur probably working on this already.

Imo if you change the KDA system, the performance issue will be clearer. a bit.. it still leaves the split pushers. meeh. There should be a way to tell people how much a guy won positioning and how much he farmed and towrs he took down INGAME. Why make the statistics private from your teamates ? so they can flame you for doing shit if you dont have good KDA ?

There's more than KDA on the final scoreboard. I always look at last hits, denies, gold/min, exp/min, and items as well. Are you talking just about during the game, before the final scoreboard? Those stats are very useful as it gives an estimation of how well someone is doing gold wise and who needs to be shutdown. For example, if I see their hard carry getting lots of kills then I know we need to hunt him down quickly before he gets out of control. Seeing your own teams stats in-game isn't as essential to me, but I don't really see it as a big issue. In fact, a lot of people on these forums would rather see more there, like the full endgame scoreboard for allies at all times.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    I agree with slowreflex. I think it actually shows how bad or good you are compare to other players in that certain hero. (Performance bar)

Correct me if i'm wrong. It's been a while since the last time i played.

Quote Originally Posted by iStorming View Post
    I agree with slowreflex. I think it actually shows how bad or good you are compare to other players in that certain hero. (Performance bar)

Correct me if i'm wrong. It's been a while since the last time i played.
    Performance bars are fucked up.

On topic: The scoreboard is fine. Only lower skill people base whos crap and whos pro by using that scoreboard. If you know the game then you would know who would have what type of score and it could vary with your carry feeding because they either suck, the support sucks or the heroes in their lane were too hard to go up against etc.

Basic Member
    In my opinion i still think that if valve want to keep performance bars for heroes, progress on them should vary on "class" of heroes.

Supports should be rewarded for buying wards, courier and maybe other items like smoke + assists etc.
    Carrys should be rewarded mainly for GPM and maybe for kills.
    Tanks should be rewarded for dmg received and dealt (but i am not sure about this in 100%)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djgromo View Post
    In my opinion i still think that if valve want to keep performance bars for heroes, progress on them should vary on "class" of heroes.

Supports should be rewarded for buying wards, courier and maybe other items like smoke + assists etc.
    Carrys should be rewarded mainly for GPM and maybe for kills.
    Tanks should be rewarded for dmg received and dealt (but i am not sure about this in 100%)
    I like your idea, Valve should do it like that (obviously taking other stuff into consideration as well), but the general idea is great imo, and that's how it should be.

Basic Member
    Being a support player I actually feel bad when I get K-s (since 50% of the time it means our carry will suck), but I am pretty happy with A-s. I feel worse when another backup hero has more A-s than me though

While I do understand the OP's point of view, I think the whole K thing is just a pub-carry thing. A fake feeling of superiority just because someone dealt 99% damage and they managed to get a last hit. When it comes down to commending, I always commend the ones that made the win happen, not the ones that have most kills (unless they deserve it). I guess it's more of a situational context thing of a game: the KDA might be just in some games, but not in others. I wouldn't take it out completely, maybe replace it with a ratio or something.
    Last edited by The Nomad; 01-31-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n1mr0d View Post
    ...everybody feeels great if the have kills, and feels bad if they have assists.
    What do you have against assists?!

As long as I'm not the hardest carry on the team, I'll take assists whenever I can!
    ◕_◕

Basic Member
    I support a full scoreboard for allies
    you need to hide the levels of opponents on the scoreboard imo
    the KDA should be changed to something else. Its way too flashy now, and it attracts too much attention. Kills arent that different from assists, and Deaths aren't very meaningfull at all.
    I have tons of games with 0 x where i take 2 rax.
    The scoreboard needs a sexchange

i take supporting seriously and actually get positive feedback from my brain from looking at my lack of last hits or large amount of assists and small amount of kills. you just need more education. people need to realize that supports shouldnt take any last hits from the carry and that their diligent support gives the carries kills and the team towers which in turn rewards you with the gold you need to continue supporting the team to victory.

there really needs to be education about supporting because nothing pisses me off more than people who pick supports and have no clue at the selflessness required.

what we need more than anything on the scoreboard is the amount of wards bought by each player