Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Spectral Dagger interaction with invisibility

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Confirmed] Spectral Dagger interaction with invisibility

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    - Fixed invisible units that were not the target of Spectral Dagger giving vision of their location.
    This has indeed been fixed. Thanks.
    None of the units that just walk over an already existent Spectral Dagger Path get revealed by any means. They also do not grant shared vision as they did.

But there is something strange.

> Cast Spectral Dagger on a unit, either by ground targeting, or unit targeting, doesn't matter
    > Cast Shadow Blade with that unit
    > Walk around

This is what happens:

You see the, it sometimes gives Shared Vision again, which shouldn't happen...

> > Skip to 0:00, 0:57, 1:15, 1:32, 3:00 and 3:20 for the examples

But sometimes, it just works fine, almost fine.
    It doesn't give any vision of the target, which is correct. Gives the vision of the path, which is correct.
    But the path is not visible to Spectre, which is wrong. The path is drawn when watched from the invisible unit's point of view, though... For some reason, it doesn't get drawn on the Spectre's side on these occasions.

> > Skip to 0:19 and watch it till 0:31. The only thing missing there is the black nasty looking dirt on the ground. It should be drawn on the area I that I hover my cursor on.
    > > You can see the same thing occuring several more times after 1:50.

This happens completely in random. At least, I and Kevinriz9r couldn't find a correlation. No, it's not about casting on ground or targeting the unit directly.
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 01-31-2013 at 01:28 PM.

you mean th e white circle?
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Watch the fog of war man...

Basic Member
    I haven't played D1, but from what I followed on Appelsin's analysis (correct me if I am wrong pls) Spec should have vision only of his shadow dagger path. After the updated fix, Spec has vision of the affected unit's vision. Basically, even though you don't see the actual enemy unit, you see where they're going. (am I correct in this assumption ?)
    The white circle is irrelevant, it was just a test thing. focus the video when naix goes invisible but Spectre sees what Lifestealer sees.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Basically, even though you don't see the actual enemy unit, you see where they're going. (am I correct in this assumption ?)
    It is more than that. You also see that unit's vision when that happens. Watch the fog of war. You see a remote 800 AoE vision granted by the enemy Lifestealer. That bonus shared vision shouldn't be there.
    You are right on the DotA 1 part.

Skip to 0:19 and watch it till 0:31. The only thing missing there is the black nasty looking dirt on the ground. It should be drawn on the area I that I hover my cursor on.
    This is the exact description of how it is on DotA 1.

Volunteer Moderator
    ^yeah it's also not drawing when a unit goes into fog, which is kind of annoying :/ You can't tell where your path is very easily at all...

This issue prevails as it is described on the original post.
    It randomly does one of the two things. One of them is way too much powerful than what Spectral Dagger intends for both against invisible and visible units, the other one makes it significantly harder to track the invisible units than intended.
    I really wonder why it wasn't possible to make it the way I suggested on the original post...

The only thing missing there is the black nasty looking dirt on the ground.
    Issue summed up:
    • Spectral Dagger shouldn't ever grant shared vision, while it occasionally does right now.
    • Spectral Dagger path should be visible to Spectre and her allies. The path DOES get created regardless the target gets invisible or not, it just doesn't get shown to Spectre from the point on the target gets invisible...

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    this should be fixed on the test client.
    please confirm.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Nah. They have made it so that it gives Shared Vision all the time.
    They should have found a way to make only the path appear, without giving the shared vision all the times.

I disconfirm the fix, it is not proper.