Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New performance bars...

The previous system was the only thing that could tell you how you ranked compared to other players , the new performance system is a useless piece of shit based on w/l that just annoys you by telling you that your least played heroes are your best heroes.I'll let Spirit Breaker share his opinion on this matter.

Basic Member
    yeah, well i was not impressed with the previous system anyway but this is even worse. just DROP the whole bars system anyway and make it track STATS for the whole profile not for each individual hero. Based on gold per minute, exp per minute, K/D/A ratio. How exactly this system is going to compliment a guy who gets a support and buys wards-ganks etc the whole game and gets a score like 3-3-25 and then retarded people and russians lose the game cause they can't farm to get a decent item on hard carry? Support would have played a fantastic game but lose the game cause other people suck. W/L ratio based systems in DOTA2 are broken, the game is more complex than that.

Basic Member
    They sucked before, now they make little to no sense at all.
    8/10 as 7-5 krobelus even tho i fed the opponents and managed to solely lose at least in 3 games.
    3/10 as 1-3 sniper even tho i was playing godlike in all of my sniper games.
    5/5 as 3-4 bane even tho... you got the point.

I don't feel like there is a point in futher expanding of this post, everything has been posted above, I just provide some additional examples. Like, really. Nothing to add.
    First system was the best. I mean, FIRST ONE.
    Last edited by Carrot queen; 02-01-2013 at 02:35 AM.

They should just remove this function, period.

It's honestly pointless and impossible to code to a point where "skill" can be accurately determined.

Basic Member
    i totally agree with you...

there are so many selfish players in dota...

I think it's better.. It means instead of the whole team going carry then spamming kills in the fountain at the end, there's more incentive to just win and finish quickly.

Basic Member
    I didnt like the old ones. The new ones seem to be based only on WL ratio, so they are pretty useless. I guess there will never be the perfect solution to these bars... So either improve them or remove them.

It is useless. It is based on win-loss, what we already know...
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

I preferred the old one too. It wasn't perfect, but I would rather have seen that one worked on to make it better than just base it on W/L.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    I agree that the new performance bars are awful. They're just an inconvenient way of displaying win/loss ratio.