Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New performance bars...

New performance bars...

I hate them, they're completely useless, not to mention FLAT OUT WRONG. Basically they're apparently based entirely on W/L record, because My 7/2 Dragon knight is max bars... I AM TERRIBLE with dragon knight, honestly, I've just sucked, failed, and fed with him every time I've played him. My team has however managed to successfully carry me in most of these games. thus the 7/2 record, however personally I'm not part of the winning effort, I'm basically a huge handicap to our team.

However, probably my BEST hero, Vengeful spirit, is rated middling because her record is only about 65% win rate. She's 46/25 though at one point on her I was 45/19 and just have had a rather shitty run of late. The fact is when I play venge, most of the time my team wins, I'm good at doing what she does, supporting and making ganks happen.

Not to mention... I KNOW what my best heroes are, I REALLY don't need valves half assed algarythm to tell me, I play them I know that I'm FREAKING HORRIBLE with earthshaker, he just doesn't work for me, however I'm awesome with slark, he works with me. I do however REALLY like seeing how I stack up to other people, even if it's some unreliable metric, it's still the same for everybody based on each Hero, I mean they rated all Venges the same (presumably I mean with this matchmaking who knows) so I could at least say, ok I do what valve considers good for this character well. Now I can't say anything other than... oh this hero has a much better win % than my others, cool I can do basic math I don't need a bar to spell it out.

TL: DR It's stupid and pointless, go back to the other thing, it wasn't perfect but it was 3 steps above this.

They're slightly less useless than the previous bars in that Axe is no longer my all time god tier hero. Ancient Apparition (who I last played as ten months ago) is about 8/10, Drow is 10/10 despite me having played about ten games with such a terrible no-skill hero, and the rest vary between close, close-ish and what-the-fuck.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules

I agree. This new system shows nothing that wasn't already available at a glance with a little knowledge of fractions. And really, it is an indicator of how well your team did when you picked that hero, not really how well you did on your own. It might as well not exist rather than show information that pointless.

I'm currently having no idea what this new bar is about. Moreover, it is displayed in no order. At least making it display based on the hero's name or the one with the highest performance ..

Basic Member
    Yeah, it is horrible. It does not make any sense at all!

Basic Member
    what is it with those bars i dont even

Basic Member
    any screenshot? i wanna see how it looks like. ( my update will take quite awhile)

Quote Originally Posted by lester2020 View Post
    any screenshot? i wanna see how it looks like. ( my update will take quite awhile)
    It's the same as before, only the bars are changed to other values.

well now they go up to 10, instead of 5, but it's based 100% on W/L ratio, I just ranked another hero, Witch doctor, the first 2 games I played him were back when I was first learning dota... I SUCKED HARD. last 2 were today, and I did awesomely. he's 3/1 and is ranked 10 bars...

I dont really care about the WL Ratio, the only thing i care about is a beautiful profile with a neat set up. But this one, it's so horrible.