Thread: Meld + A-move command

Meld + A-move command

In Dota 1 you could rarely see lanaya owning pubs, this hero required a lot of skill and precision. Now every time she gets picked she just STOMPS everyone and it's really hard to stop her regardless of skill of the player. So you may ask what happened?
    1. The unwanted spill range buff that makes her farm so easily and is getting fixed in the next patch.
    2. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet. Meld got extremely easy to land: after you cast the spell you can A-click on the ground and it will automatically search for the nearest target and attack it. You never really have to worry about wasting the spell. This completely takes skill and precision factors from this hero making it way too easy for everyone. My question is: is this intended dumbing down the hero to be more noob-friendly or obvious bug even more severe than the psi blades? Discuss.

Basic Member
    I actually haven't played lanaya since dota 1, but i have noticed that meld attack commands seems like butter by everyone playing her. It is worth looking into.

You must not search very hard, there are numerous posts about meld being bugged.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...highlight=meld

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...highlight=meld

Basic Member
    i dont understand. isnt attack move command should order ur hero to attack the closest target?

Basic Member
    Avatar, those two bugs are not the same issue that the OP is questioning.

I am not sure if I am correct, but I think he is mentioning that the possibility to miss an attack from meld has disappeared? I recall in wc3 dota, instances where lanaya would break meld while attacking, if she was in the middle of n attack animation and the target moved for one reason. I am not sure if there are others. Am I totally wrong here?
    Last edited by educational; 09-24-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by educational View Post
    Avatar, those two bugs are not the same issue that the OP is questioning.

I am not sure if I am correct, but I think he is mentioning that the possibility to miss an attack from meld has disappeared? I recall in wc3 dota, instances where lanaya would break meld while attacking, if she was in the middle of n attack animation and the target moved for one reason. I am not sure if there are others. Am I totally wrong here?
    I wanted to say that you don't have to click on target hero (you could as well click ground making the spell fail), just A-click anywhere near it.

Basic Member
    but I think he is mentioning that the possibility to miss an attack from meld has disappeared? I recall in wc3 dota, instances where lanaya would break meld while attacking, if she was in the middle of n attack animation and the target moved for one reason.
    I distinctly remember this being the reason I was bad at TA in wc3 dota

Basic Member
    I didn't know that you can do attack-move while melded. But I don't have problems on clicking on heroes. No. I prefer to click on heroes. With attack move you could also attack a creep.

I wouldn't rely on that too much. It works in certain scenario but not every. Claiming that this is one of the 'big' cause why TA is op is ridiculous.

Basic Member
    I never used a-move to attack from meld and tbh I don't see a problem with someone using it, I mean the spell cast is the hero going in to meld, not coming out of it so why should it mather how you come out of meld? This is hardly groundbreaking, merely working as intended. Spil spread is obv too strong and that's getting fixed.