Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug - Templar Assasin with Phantom Lancer (and maybe with Naga Siren)

Red face Bug - Templar Assasin with Phantom Lancer (and maybe with Naga Siren)

Hello,

Summary:
    This is actually a big bug. This bug can work (I think) with Naga Siren and other illusions heros.

Repro:
    1) Leveled up third spell of Templar Assasin.
    2) Wait for Phantom Lancer to make some illusions (one is enough).
    3) Stay in line with Phantom Lancer illusion and him in order to make both (illusion and real) take damage.
    4) Hit illusion.

Result:
    When you will hit the illusion, the same damage will take the real. That's a problem because with two or three hits you can finish him. Is confirmed by me for Phantom Lancer.

Expected:
    I would apreciate if my efort will be reward, to make an account here and tell everybody about the bug. Anyways wasn't easy. I still learn english so I'm sure I've made a lot of grammer mistakes (and words mistakes). Hope you'll understand. I can send a demo somewhere with the bug if is necessary.
    Last edited by AldeaValentin; 07-21-2012 at 01:00 AM.

I think this could be an issue with the way illusions take bonus damage and the way her pierce damage works. Could use looking into to see if this is the case. I'll try to reproduce it myself unless anyone else can confirm if they've seen this happen.

This is the same as Dota 1.

Moved to Brainstorming, I expect many people will want to discuss this.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

but then how are we going to apply the spilt damage? take how much TA's damage instead of how much damage dealt?
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

Not a bug. From PlayDota

Using her psionic powers, the Templar causes enemy units behind her target to feel the same pain as the target itself
    It's the same thing with Kunkka, if you hit a low armor creep and crit for a huge amount, the enemies around him will take the same damage

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    ^cleave does not work that way. it simply ignores the armor of units around/behind the main target.
    Last edited by Eric37073; 07-21-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AldeaValentin View Post
    Expected:
    I would apreciate if my efort will be reward, to make an account here and tell everybody about the bug. Anyways wasn't easy. I still learn english so I'm sure I've made a lot of grammer mistakes (and words mistakes). Hope you'll understand. I can send a demo somewhere with the bug if is necessary.
    You got early access to an awesome, deep, free game. Bug reporting is a duty, not some commendable act of bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by AldeaValentin View Post
    I would apreciate if my efort will be reward, to make an account here and tell everybody about the bug.
    Gib free hatz nao.

And working as intended if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Kunkka's cleave effect is only reduced by armour type, not values. Just to clarify.

If TA's spill is working as intended, then I can see that as being a pain in game 400% bonus damage illusion? Happen to line up with someone by accident? Boom instadead. Maybe make it do full damage to illusions but some sort of penalty to the pierce? Sounds tricky to work out though.
    Last edited by Chahlz; 07-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Basic Member
    I'm not sure what there is to discuss, spill works as intended, don't pick illusion heroes against TA pretty much, just like you don't pick them against medusa(for different reasons). If you do pick them, then you'll have to actively micro them correctly so TA can't spill your team but that's unlikely. Balance discussions are meant to be posted on playdota.