Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No hero or announcer sound after last patch

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborgmatt View Post
    Restart Steam and verify the Dota 2 files, if that doesn't work then make sure dota_speech_level is set to 2.
    Thanks Cyborg that worked.

Basic Member
    If you use the -language %english parameter in the start options read this:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=66956&page=2

Basic Member
    I have the same problem what should i do ! where is dota_speech_level ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Basic Member
    if anyone has the same problem.i think i know where is it. When i switch between the headphones and front speaker outm my headphones couldnt recognized sound but my front speaker out could hear the announcer and hero talking. I think the problem in in ours computers or headphones...not in dota. I hope i helped someone with this. I don't understand why is this bug happening but i didnt fixed it at all i just use fornt speaker out from now. It may be that dota new update has something wit this, but im not sure.

Basic Member
    I got this problem after using the GeForce Application to turn down my video setting a bit, I used the Verify game cache route, dota_speech_level 2 in console and also reinstalled dota and steam entirely. I still can't hear the announcer, hero lines or other people over the mic, I am also having more or less the same problem in CSGO after using the GeForce application. Next step I guess would be to copy a friend's files however I do not know how to do that any suggestions?