Thread: [Intended] SD's Disruption behaves differently on invi unit compared to dota1

Basic Member

[Intended] SD's Disruption behaves differently on invi unit compared to dota1

Here is a quick demonstration of how disruption wont create illusions when used on the unit fading into invisible.

watch the video at 4:20, http://youtu.be/hiDjNMNyymM?t=4m20s, the code doesnt work for me.

And i have tested in dota2 that disruption will create illusions regardless the unit is fading into/in invisible or not.
    Last edited by BurningSera; 02-02-2013 at 01:34 AM.
    Come visit my highlighted guide!How to play Support guide

Come show SUPPORT for fixing the slardar's model in Rant: Dota2's Slardar model thread. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes.I.Did View Post
    God with 7k+ views and 99% of people agreeing that slardar's dota 2 model is shit we should take this thread over to dota2 dev and make them do something about it, i literally NEVER willingly pick slardar in dota 2 because of his ugly as shit model and attack animations.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    but... that doesnt make sense... the spell should create 2 illusions. y it does nothing if the target is invis?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    but... that doesnt make sense... the spell should create 2 illusions. y it does nothing if the target is invis?
    The reason is not really important because we simply report any 'bugs' or 'intended changes' that differ dota2 to dota1. This 'bug' can be limited by dota1 engine or it is intended like that in the first place because you do get some slight advantage with disruption in dota2. You even can tell where did the invi hero go because the illusions will follow him.
    Come visit my highlighted guide!How to play Support guide

Come show SUPPORT for fixing the slardar's model in Rant: Dota2's Slardar model thread. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes.I.Did View Post
    God with 7k+ views and 99% of people agreeing that slardar's dota 2 model is shit we should take this thread over to dota2 dev and make them do something about it, i literally NEVER willingly pick slardar in dota 2 because of his ugly as shit model and attack animations.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningSera View Post
    The reason is not really important because we simply report any 'bugs' or 'intended changes' that differ dota2 to dota1. This 'bug' can be limited by dota1 engine or it is intended like that in the first place because you do get some slight advantage with disruption in dota2. You even can tell where did the invi hero go because the illusions will follow him.
    i knew the rules bro. i didnt say it's NOT a bug. i just think it doesnt make sense. and the illusion does not follow invis hero if u dont have vision.

This thing does not apply for Riki's Permanent Invisibility, Mirana's Moonlight Shadow and Sand King's Sandstorm.

Basic Member
    It does not create illusions because the wand of illusion spell casted on the invisible unit cannot target it due to the unit being invisible.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    This thing does not apply for Riki's Permanent Invisibility, Mirana's Moonlight Shadow and Sand King's Sandstorm.
    Because the pause effect in disruption breaks their invis, causing them to be revealed for the fadetime