Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Necrolyte taking farm over carries

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assteepee View Post
    Actually a huge issue with necrolyte laning with carries (even now that he's been fixed not to take cs over carries), is that he pushes the lane real hard, and also more importantly, he spams his death pulse which most certainly out last hits PL or anyone for that matter. Even though he obviously doesn't use it every time it's off cool down, that's still 3 CS or so every 10 seconds, while at the same time pushing the wave. Pain in the ass if you ask me. I know what you're saying though, he sounds tempting as a lane mate - passive harass, active harass, a heal! It's the same issue with dazzle, except dazzle is considerably more conservative with shadow wave...although probably because he doesn't get mana on unit kills.
    I have no clue what you're talking about, Necrolyte's Death Pulse AI during laning is completely out of whack at the moment, the last 3 games I've seen him I've ended up laning against him and he'd just spam it non-stop for no real whatsoever, often only serving to heal the ranged creep and ending up with 0 mana after about half a minute without having scored a single CS.
    Also, 3 CS every 10 seconds is kinda impossible with 4 creeps every 30 seconds.

Basic Member
    Err yeah sorry I was a little bit full of shit with the CS count there....

I do notice now that he seems to take no regard into how many targets there are to attack/heal with his death pulse usage (1 to attack seems enough). Either way whenever he uses it and hits creeps it makes it real hard for a lanemate to last hit, especially with the wave constantly at the enemy tower.

Basic Member
    Yeah Necrolyte is one of the bots who especially with the human player seems to suffer a lot. He's tends to rambo a fair bit, tends to try 'gank' (if you call walking through the enemy team to get a retreating player ganking) and he pushes the lane with his abilities. With the AI he functions a little better but still has some of those tendencies.

He can definitely have really bad games (sometimes he can go like 0-9 mid way through the game) and tends to die far more than he should. He also guilty of the 'jungle when I shouldn't' problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chane View Post
    I just played a game as PL where I had to lane with a necrolyte on bot while we had a tiny mid and a razor warlock top.

this necrolyte bot decided he would try to steal each and every single last hit while he was on full HP, and that while not even thinking about denying at all.

this is extremely frustrating as its worse then having to content for farm in a low level pub.

(this was on easy difficulty btw, first time learning PL)

~cheerz
    Your hero has Melee advantage(the attack should come more quickly to the creep for the finishing blow as the attack is closer to the target). Try editing the Last Hit setting in Options, that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    Your hero has Melee advantage(the attack should come more quickly to the creep for the finishing blow as the attack is closer to the target). Try editing the Last Hit setting in Options, that should help.
    I suggest you read all the pages before posting replies like this, I am not a total scrub to the game and this was an issue that had to do with PL not being tagged as a carry.

the point isnt about necro being a carry or not, he should let the lasts for the human player.

Basic Member
    as its worse than having
    ~FTFY

As others have aid, Necrolyte is also a carry, so the problem is not that he was farming, because that's what he should do, but that the bots selected him in that line up at all.

Basic Member
    I suggest you read all the pages before posting replies like this, I am not a total scrub to the game and this was an issue that had to do with PL not being tagged as a carry.
    Was this actually solved in last patch? I think that's the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Was this actually solved in last patch? I think that's the important thing.
    CrisC said he corrected the "carry" tag of PL in the last patch and this should not be a problem anymore. I did not play with bots tho to confirm..

Don't expect much this guys here are ego-offtoping the thread big time.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Andrei View Post
    CrisC said he corrected the "carry" tag of PL in the last patch and this should not be a problem anymore. I did not play with bots tho to confirm..

Don't expect much this guys here are ego-offtoping the thread big time.
    Okay I started a bot match and picked PL.

Lanemate is Witch Doctor, he's letting me lasthit. He's also suiciding into Tiny Dazzle but that's another story ;D