Thread: Strange excavators decorated treasure bug

Basic Member

Strange excavators decorated treasure bug

Today i traded for a strange excavators decorated treasure, As with all strange items my assumption was that it would have a kill count of some sort however once looking at the item there was nothing at all. Now with most items even if the kill count is 0 it will still show however with this it just doesnt show anything, to put it further to the test i decided to play a game to see if maybe i did get a kill it would move up but after the game the item remained unchanged. Furthermore i checked other peoples inventories that possess the same item and it shows the exact same thing.

strange excavators decorated treasure.png
    Untitled.png

ive attatched two pictures, one of a previous strange i had with 0 kills and beside it one of the tidehunter strange that shows now kill counter.

Basic Member
    Yeah, confirming this.

In addition, I noticed that the prefixes for the other Strange Tidehunter items from the same chest series do not update as you get kills. The kills are counted but the prefix remains "Strange".

(Dunno about the Kunkka items since I don't have them but maybe somebody else can confirm.)

Basic Member
    Haven't tried with kunkka weapons but most likely will try today, thanks for bringing it up.

Basic Member
    my excavator decorated treasure dont count kills as well. and my strange morph crown of polymorphia didnt count any of my 17 kills in game today, but counted yesterday...

Mine has no killcount either but it "levels" up - Blooded Excavator's Decorated Treasure for now.

The bug described by reven regarding the morphling thing happened back with many bounty hunter items as well.

edit: Just for the record, it seems the kills got counted yet not shown ingame. As you can see here on http://tf2b.com/d2/76561197972108540 it shows 39kills. It doesnt show in my steam inventory nor ingame though.
    Last edited by Testnewbie; 02-04-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Basic Member
    confirming this as well, that's why i got on the dev forums tonight.

Basic Member
    Confirming that prefixes now update on the Tidehunter items.

Valve Developer
    Decorated Treasure will be fixed on Thursday's update.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonReinhart View Post
    Decorated Treasure will be fixed on Thursday's update.
    Thanks for the quick, yet not really important fix.