Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Power Treads : Band of Elvenskin and Robe of the Magi

[Suggestion] Power Treads : Band of Elvenskin and Robe of the Magi are missing

Power treads can be made with
    *Boots of Speed
    *Gloves
    and one of the following:
    *Belt of Strength
    *Band of Elvenskin
    *Robe of the Magi

BUT, new players usually do not know this. Something like this that reflects it should be implemented on the shop menu:

Current shop menu:

----------
    PT old.png PT sugg.png
    Last edited by Psf_Kurt; 02-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.

good suggestion
    ~Never forget~

Basic Member
    ye i always have to manually search for my robe of magi if i need the extra 6 int before making treads... so +1
    Give me my old Traxex back, the one with ice-cold eyes and face paint!

Why do carries get all credit for winning a game where he goes 30 min afk farming while the rest is defending everything?

Basic Member
    i would like this as well, though it would be interesting to see how they would work this out for the quick buy. maybe have the option to select any of the 3 power treads you with to build for the quickbuy window.

Basic Member
    Perhaps they could just show the three different versions of treads as different items in the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by pwag42 View Post
    Perhaps they could just show the three different versions of treads as different items in the shop?
    That would just be redundant, as well as making suggested items very confusing. Setting it up as it is in the OP wouldn't work well either. If you shift clicked power treads to set them up in your purchase queue, it would be even more confusing because now you have 3 different +6 attribute items in your queue, implying that you need all 3 to make treads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri Battousai View Post
    Firstly hi, i am not a racist but really i hate all of russians....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psf_Kurt View Post
    Power treads can be made with
    *Boots of Speed
    *Gloves
    and one of the following:
    *Belt of Strength
    *Band of Elvenskin
    *Robe of the Magi

BUT, new players usually do not know this. Something like this that reflects it should be implemented on the shop menu:

Current shop menu:

----------
    PT old.png PT sugg.png
    This is a good mock up of an idea that has been suggested a few times before, but it's good to bring to everyone's attention again. Power treads are a very 'powerful' early game item and a LOT of people don't realize what they're creating, what it can be made from, or what features you get on each setting of the treads.

I personally learned from these forums that there were 3 different ways to build them, I had ZERO clue and there's no information anywhere besides experienced Dota players informing others. I absorbed the information and share with others so they understand the benefits of picking the right pre-tread components in order to give a boost to the stat they need at the given moment prior to actually having the full tread build.

I digress... +1

Or make it show the third item according to your main stat.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybos View Post
    I personally learned from these forums that there were 3 different ways to build them, I had ZERO clue and there's no information anywhere besides experienced Dota players informing others.
    That is the main reason of this suggestion

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by <VeCo> View Post
    Or make it show the third item according to your main stat.
    This could work BUT, you don't want to imply that it's the only option for any given hero/class. Just because you're an AGI hero doesn't mean you shouldn't buy the belt for a little extra HP early on. Plus, it would accentuate the fact that the treads are switchable. I find way too many times that people leave the treads on STR because they A) don't know/understand to switch or B) didn't know different item combos will make them