Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pathing algorithm deadlock

Pathing algorithm deadlock

I played a game as PL, id: 117153297

For those who want to see what glitch is occurring, watch that game.

I started the game by clicking on our top tower and afking for 10 seconds, waiting for the match to start. I come back, and I have one death, am respawned at base, my team all reported me, and I have no idea what happened. In the replay, pathing completely broke and sent me into the enemy mid t2. I had clicked once on our top t1, and player perspective shows this. Anyway, I was prepared to start the game again and keep going. I didn't even know what happened. I get ganked by three people, but that is not the major problem. Upon respawning and clicking the top tower again and apologizing to my rightfully angry teammates, my pathing breaks again and sends me into the enemy top t1. Player perspective shows I had no intention of this happening.

First, please watch that game and see the glitch. Second, please fix that glitch. Third, please take me out of low priority for getting reported by everyone in that game. I did nothing to deserve it.

Basic Member
    there is no pl in that match....

pa* and yeah she kinda changes the direction the moment you pulled your mouse of the minimap, so it could be a simple misclick, your mouse acting up etc, but i wouldn't bother checking the first incident, the second time at 4:04 replay time is far more obvious if there is any issue ... why you just keep ignoring your char running up while typing however is beyond me ...

what happened is that you clicked on a melee creep to follow it, however you clicked the ground once after that so it looks like it should have been overwritten (like 0.1 sec after you clicked that creep), might be lag related. You can actually see how you walked up to the very creep you clicked and stood there for like a half second before you realized what happened.

/OT: Your first death did nothing beside making you have to walk all the way up again so "rightfully" angry? Well I don't know about that one, invoker goes easy lane with a support while putting the hard carry on hard lane seems silly to me ...
    Last edited by Kaneomanie; 02-04-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Clarifications: I was phantom assassin in the game. My mind slipped me. Also, the second time I ran where I was not supposed to, I did not change direction because I was apologizing to my teammates and trying to figure out what happened in the thirty seconds I was afk. I clicked for my hero to stand at the tower so I could type, so I didn't notice when it moved past until I was dead.

Also, I can verify the issue is not lag related and likely not mouse related. My internet always runs constant 60 fps with no packet loss, and my mouse has never acted up before, even mildly.

Volunteer Moderator
    I have something to add to this, if I can find the correct match - my hero literally couldn't figure out which was fastest out of some trees and got completely stuck, with nothing around to obstruct it... I will try to find it and add a video later.

Volunteer Moderator
    dota2://matchid=115847784&matchtime=2713 - making a video of it now.

So as you can see (player perspective) I didn't issue retarded orders to get my character stuck like that, but it just didn't want to move, when there was only one logical path... Got to say that's a good fail :P
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 02-06-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Basic Member
    +1
    I can confirm that sometimes hero stuck on trees and does not know where to go.

Basic Member
    can confirm the very same issue happening with neutrals returning to their creep camp who bump into the respawned neutrals on creepstacking.

added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    dota2://matchid=115847784&matchtime=2713 - making a video of it now.

So as you can see (player perspective) I didn't issue retarded orders to get my character stuck like that, but it just didn't want to move, when there was only one logical path... Got to say that's a good fail :P
    I stuck today in exact same place

I also had a game with the same behavior. Will look up the replay later. This is the place I had it occur.
    DSC_0169.jpg
    Last edited by BattledOne; 02-06-2013 at 10:57 AM.