Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and North Europe Server Support

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by khab.me View Post
    Lord Jesus, you know all

Rostelecom has a direct line to Japan, I used a VPN to see what ping the residents of Japan, in China they have 200 + ping in singapore 150, and you talk about what they do not need a server?

Play on schedule? lol what?

PS: i have ping in japan 20-30ms
    I have no idea what VPN you are using. Pinging the Singapore servers from Tokyo, Japan:

Untitled picture.png

This is a ping of 113ms, well and truly playable.

If you want to replicate this, the server IP of the singapore valve server is 103.28.54.1.

If you are complaining that ping is high during some parts of the day, then just play when ping is low and don't play when ping is high. That's just common sense, isn't it?
    Last edited by chuah; 02-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Basic Member
    Well, I've read not all of the comments , but I read enough to see that every1 who "want to help" are saying anything about solveing the problem of lag and ping . I must say I have 60 mbs/sec internet and after Tuskarr was addaed i suffer awfull lags! Earlier I had 103-121 ingame ping , but now I have 298-481 ingame ping! I wasnt changeing servers and always played EU and Russia servers. I must say "We NEED SOME HELP ABOUT PING AND LAG" . Pls pardon my English , thx. And 1 more thing, in other online games ping still the same as it was 103-121. The games are LoL, Hon etc.
    Last edited by set_pupo4ka; 02-26-2013 at 03:11 AM.

There is really a NEED of punihsment for retarded people (you obviously understand which nation average players I'm targetting, once again) who choosed english language as european server and speaks foreign languages in team chat for the whole game.
    Not speaking the language of the server has to be taken seriously : it ruins others game, even though the player waited long enough to get a game.

Basic Member
    Oh so the russia server is in stockholm. Been choosing eu west because i dont want to play with russians, but even the 60-70 ping there feels unresponsive to me. I saw the Stockholm server in custom game and i have 30 ping there but because the node said russia in MM i didnt choose that. Would be surprised if im the only one who has been confused by this. Adding a north-europe node would be great.

Will choosing english language prevent me from getting russians in my game even if i choose russia server?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doof View Post
    Oh so the russia server is in stockholm. Been choosing eu west because i dont want to play with russians, but even the 60-70 ping there feels unresponsive to me. I saw the Stockholm server in custom game and i have 30 ping there but because the node said russia in MM i didnt choose that. Would be surprised if im the only one who has been confused by this. Adding a north-europe node would be great.

Will choosing english language prevent me from getting russians in my game even if i choose russia server?
    No.

However, partying with 4 other friends will prevent Russians on your team.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aethersong View Post
    No.

However, partying with 4 other friends will prevent Russians on your team.
    Yeah figured.

So i tried to get a matchmaking game on russia server today, as i have 30 ping there compared to 60-70 on eu-west.(It's really a world of difference in this game sadly)
    This is the result
    ggqueue.JPG
    45 mins, in that whole time 1 game popped up but ofcourse someone declined. It really shouldnt be this hard getting a single game on a decent server for me. I live in norway and would like only english speaking people in my games, choosing russia server will apparently prevent that too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doof View Post
    Yeah figured.

So i tried to get a matchmaking game on russia server today, as i have 30 ping there compared to 60-70 on eu-west.(It's really a world of difference in this game sadly)
    This is the result
    ggqueue.JPG
    45 mins, in that whole time 1 game popped up but ofcourse someone declined. It really shouldnt be this hard getting a single game on a decent server for me. I live in norway and would like only english speaking people in my games, choosing russia server will apparently prevent that too.
    So party 5 people and select all languages?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aethersong View Post
    So party 5 people and select all languages?
    I would but I rarely have more than 1-2 friends online playing dota. Everyone else is playing LoL and i find that game way too generic.

The point is it shouldnt be this hard getting a game with decent ping imo, even if i'm playing alone.

Banned
    Party the two friends and then get 2 english speaking people from your country's chat channel?

Basic Member
    As im having quite a high ping (180) on EU West since Davion Patch i currently queue only on EU East where i strangely have the same decent ping as before (60-80).
    Queueing on EU West and EU East at the same time gave a queue length of about 2-3min. Queueing only on EU East now takes about 5-7min to find a game and the funny decline guy not even included.
    My observation on language selection was, that on EU East everyone selected English and Russian and keeps talking in russian in chat, which to me is fine, as the russian speakers always seem to be able to communicate in english.
    So i suggest: Queue on ur prefered server and dont narrow the search down by not selecting a language.