Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ion shell & creep heroes

Volunteer Moderator

Ion shell & creep heroes

Ion shell SHOULD be castable on creep heroes, just not ancients (perhaps they are the same at the moment? But they shouldn't be)

An example of a resistant skinned, non-ancient unit (now, I believe creep hero, unless they are ALL Ancients so far, which they might be) is a helm of dominator dominated unit [not currently implemented into dota 2 also NOT chen persuaded units]. These should benefit from hero-length disables such as shorter frostbite and witch doctor stuns... They should still be able to have ion shell cast on them.

EDIT:

I.e. bear --> Ancient + Resistant skinned - cannot have ion shell due to being an ancient
    Helm dominated unit --> Resistant skinnes - Can have ion shell as it is not an ancient.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 02-06-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Basic Member
    īts a nerf to lone druid + dark seer combo, and thats good, ion shell on spirit bear is pretty crazy

Basic Member
    I hope this is an intended fix because Ion Shell on the bear is extremely annoying.

I can't test what has changed right know as Test is down, but I hope it refers to Spirit Bear, Golem and Familiars.

HoTD/Summons should be unnaffected by this change.

Well, I actually think that they might have fixed it correctly.
    I think they probably just made the Spirit Bear and the Familiars immune to the Ion Shell, and that's all.

I only wish that I could open the Test client... Then the information would be accurate. Right now, it's just a guess.

Basic Member
    you can cast ion shield on bear in dota 1?

you can't cast ion shield on dominated creep?

Basic Member
    You can't cast Ion on bear in dota 1.
    You can cast Ion on dominated units in dota 1.

Volunteer Moderator
    ^Exactly. I was just getting nit-pickish over the wording, so that when they finally DO add in resistant skin only they don't get it wrong...

The fix is correct for all ancient-resistant skinned summons.

Just to confirm, OP's post is not a bug report.

Both in WC3 DotA and in DotA 2, you can't cast Ion Shell on Warlock's Golem, Visage's Familiars and LD's Spirit Bear, but you can cast it on any other controlled unit. Which is as intended. So just close the thread.

Volunteer Moderator
    ^Really? They haven't defined what creep heroes are, and the closest understanding I have got to it is that they're resistant skinned units, so this is a bug as it should be ANCIENTS that it cannot be casted on... Unless they come and clarify that creep heroes are only units which have both ancient and resistant skin characteristics it's fine...

And it's fine to speculate, since this could cause problems in the future when they fix helm of dominator dominated units.