Thread: Search could find the "legacy names" of the items

Basic Member

Search could find the "legacy names" of the items

Is just to help veteran players that are new to Dota 2 to find the "Buriza-do Kyanon", for example, on the shop. Is hard to think that the item had this name and now is called Daedalus

Agree! Like my brother tells me to buy lothar and I have no slightest idea what it is until my brother tells me that it is shadow blade...

Disclaimer: I'm not an native English speaker

Basic Member
    You could just learn the names... It really doesn't take much...

Basic Member
    It doesn't take much to add this to Dota, also. There's already some shortcuts in search, why not these?

This is a good idea, +1.
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Basic Member
    +1, would be nice, they could also do this with heroes... My friend who plays LoL made one of the arguments that the names in Dota are too generic and boring (Queen of pain, Dragon Knight, etc). In wc3 Dota I loved how it told you the names of all the heroes in game, it added a sense of lore (which can never hurt).

I thought hardcore players knew the components needed and don't use the search function because it wasn't in WC3 DOTA? Come on, you can use the search but you can't learn the names?

Basic Member
    This is such a simple and good idea. The shop in Dota2 was quite tricky for me in the early stages of migrating from wc3 DotA, this function would definitely have helped.

+1