Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Change Mirana Arrow sound effect

Basic Member
    +1. I don't like the look of the arrow either. The arrow should look like the one in Dota 1.

Basic Member
    I honestly have no idea what they will do with Mirana's arrow. Firstly, it travels to slow to give it a bow/arrow sound, like the sound will sound like you're firing something super fast, but then the arrow will just cruise along... Will look very awkward... I also have no idea how she fires that arrow that's almost bigger than her cat with the bow... I think this is one problem that will be a pain in the ass to solve, we either have to get used to it or they will need to think of a really good solution. I cant think of a solution that wont look or sound a little wrong

EDIT: I played with Mirana again and saw that she actually throws the arrow like a spear... Well then it's not an arrow, but a spear... Do we need to rename the skill?
    Last edited by GuineaPiet; 11-21-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Basic Member
    support!

Banned
    +1 The sound and the animation and the whole arrow should be changed into something stronger and noticeable.. MY OPINION.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPiet View Post
    EDIT: I played with Mirana again and saw that she actually throws the arrow like a spear... Well then it's not an arrow, but a spear... Do we need to rename the skill?
    I think in fact that arrow comes from the gods and Mirana is only throwing/invoking/starting it by throwing.
    It was called "Elune's Arrow" in DotA. I don't know who Elune is as I am completely clueless in the Blizzard universe, but I just made me an explanation that for me makes sense^^

Elune was the Moon Goddess and was revered by the Night Elves in the Warcraft lore. That's why Mirana is also known as the Priestess of the Moon.
    I figure you don't really need the whole lore explained behind her, but should you be curious anyhow, here's a link to an article about her.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    the lore for every hero is being rewritten for dota2 because of warcraft 3 lore copyrights.

also, i like the sound and the arrow particle. please dont change it.

Make Elune's Arrow into a sort of Illusory Arrow as though it's composed of energy/mana instead of wood/physical arrow, a bright glowing arrow perhaps? That would make more sense that Mirana shooting out an arrow larger than her ride.

Yea, and please change the torpedo sound.

Basic Member
    I am okay witht he sound the Arrow makes, but her autoattack sound is damn annoying.

Agreed. I think that the visual of the arrow needs to be more discrete too so it will be harder to identify