Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: cant buy anything

Basic Member
    I have had this issue as well. I immediatly sent a request to valve support about it and have recieved nothing but denial and ignorance. i was eventually able to sucesfully purchase a key of the forbidden lotus but after the purchase went through it said invalid item type and i recieved a regular key. So far they have suggested i delete my steam files(which did not fix the issue) and that i attempt to purchase from the browser or use a different browser. I have tried all of this on 3 different pc's one of which is a brand new work pc that has never had steam or the website loaded before confirming that this is a client issue.

The email i recieved today stated that valve does not offer refunds on software and that i should refer to my purchase agreement. completely ignoring anything i stated with my cart being bugged and me being unable to purchase any items at all. I am so frustrated with the response. I have dumped probly over 3-400 dollars on cosmetics(t-shirt items headphones in game etc) and this is the treatment i've recieved.

While s2 games were massive fuck ups in security atleast with things like this they had people you could reach that would readily fix issues like this because they NEEDED your money.

Basic Member
    If using a PC
    -Exit Steam, then go to the location that Steam is installed to. By default this is C:\\Program Files\\Steam directory (this is the default with a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).
    -Delete all of the files except for:
    Steam.exe
    And the folder \\SteamApps\\

If using a Mac:
    -Exit Steam and go to the folder Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam
    -Delete all of the files in this folder except for SteamApps.

Restart your computer and test the issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.
    This is the answer I got from steam support which fixed my problem (I was able to buy from the in-game store). I don't know if they did something to my account/cart beforehand though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnblck View Post
    This is the answer I got from steam support which fixed my problem (I was able to buy from the in-game store). I don't know if they did something to my account/cart beforehand though.
    I confirm that sometime it's worked, but I need repeat it if you want buy many item and still cant buy new set.
    Last edited by zures; 02-18-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Some of you said some ways that worked for you. to those people, please help me fix my problem because I am having the same problem with purchasing items in-game as well as in the official dota 2 website. I also get the "cart contents were invalid" shit. Can you give me the steps on how you did it in detail?
    thx.

I did the same thing and it did not work.
    I only found out that when I verified the account again then realized that it didn't work, everything I deleted appeared back in that same folder.