Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ramp and fog issues

Basic Member
    Banja Luka ,Bosnia and Herzegovina(Republik of Srpska)
    Pretty much agree with op , but please dont make tis into lol or hon this is a dota port

Basic Member
    "because the map is slightly different" this is not a slightly change, it makes the game feel different for the ordinary players, and changes the game a lot for proplayers. i personaly like the hon engine,camera view,small hitbox models for heroes, better then the actual dota2, because it is very similar with dota1. i know a lot of people that don't like dota2 because of this things,and i know this cuz i am in a tight relationship with the romanian dota comunity, i am not talking about 3 people i am talkin about 100-200 . but i do hope u are right and there will be changes in the future, i guess now they concentrate their work on another part of the game, that's why a lot of bugs known are still existing.

Basic Member
    IceFrog is still the team manager. If he wants it like this, he gets it. The only reason why DotA is what it is is because WC3 engine accepts it as such. /srs

And yeah, Valve should be sorry about making changes. When you make a sequel, you have to make EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the game to be the same as the previous one! Oh, and not only that! Let's participate in BETA and just PLAY PLAY PLAY and COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN instead of submitting actual bugs, which we are supposed to be doing in a BETA phase game!
    Last edited by denmax; 11-30-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Basic Member
    DotA 2 was supposed to be almost identical, except for fixing inconveniences and bugs such as windwalk interfering with crits and bashes. IceFrog said that himself, and what we have now doesn't live up to his words, though still might get changed, but these are the things that should have been done right from the start.
    Last edited by Ai-nyan; 11-30-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Basic Member
    @demax , i wonder how many % from the actual available steam accounts with dota2 are posting here . the bad thing on forum is that u post a bug, and get no answer from an operator. i posted 3-4 threads and got no replay, although there were obvious bugs and tested. what i mean is , if i post that a hexed pudge with rot activated does 0 dmg and slow in dota1, and in dota2 it works while hexed, i need an answer if it is intendend or it has a small priority and it will be fixed in the future. this way u will know what kind of bugs are they searching now, and focus on them so we can make dota2 a better game faster.
    @ai-nyan i perfectly agree with u

Basic Member
    @pglppasarel

I was thinking about this too, about the things people post and we end up with no response, so its impossible to know if this was intendend or a bug. But we have to think that they have a giant flux of feedback going on right now, and It's impossible to response every single thread.

About the topic, it's strange at D2 but feels real, so because of that I feel like its something right to keep. Both ways pleases me, but its like 51% the new one and 49% the old way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemick View Post
    I don't know anyone that plays DotA over HoN because the map is slightly different. Generally it's because of something they dislike about the heroes or balance of the game, or for that matter a lack of a hero.

The game will evolve with Dota 2, players should expect a lot of things to change.
    Good point, it's always about the balance of the heroes or the way the company runs the game. Btw where's the pro players and developers opinions on these kind of things, I honestly have no idea what direction DOTA2 wants to go. HoN developers were way more open and transparent about issues like this. Making a 1:1 copy of a flawed game will give you flawed results.
    Last edited by akaHideinlight; 12-05-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Basic Member
    If this was unintentional, I would expect them to do something about it. It truly does change a lot.

Basic Member
    i've noticed that dota2 is a little bit less forgiving when it comes to vision on around ramps, maybe its an intended change that was difficult to do in wc3.

Basic Member
    This need to be changed for sure! Port it just as it was in DotA1 , this is a basic characteristic to the DotA game , the map MUST in my opinion respect the same sizes , fog thing , and even tree layout ( Trees in DotA2 are harder to eat + juke than in DotA1 )