Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramp and fog issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Ramp and fog issues

Mid felt differently, so I went about fooling around finding some discrepancies between both games, and found this. See and judge for yourselves:

It seems that in WC3, if you are over a certain point of Z-axis (which seems to be at a rather low threshold), you get vision over the ramp.
    These little bumps also helps. The Sentinel side has them as well (see the two shaded areas of Sent's ramp?)

I think there's more about mid than just this, but this is a start.

Same thing bothers me a lot.

!fixthis

Basic Member
    This changes the mid metagame a lot. And I do mean a lot. But this is not limited to what happens middle obviously, but anywhere with a ramp involved with fog of war. I think this vastly changes how the game "feels" when making the transition from DotA 1 to 2. I think there's more than this issue when it comes to the weirdness I felt in mid lane. However, though I have some sort of an idea, I must play more and run more tests to be sure.

i i like more the new way ... fells more real ...

Basic Member
    Actualy me to like new way ! But it needs to be jugged by pro players is it bad or good

like counter strike 1.6 there still people in comunitty who dont use counter strike source because the felling is diferent ... very funny, but i doubt anyone will still in dota with dota2 in open beta ...

Basic Member
    I think how much one likes this or does not means little. It's about getting it right with DotA 1. Unless, this is what Icefrog intends, in which case, as players, we just play the game as is and learn to live with it.

Basic Member
    i hate this 2, fix it! dota2 should be identical in mechanics with dota1, don't understand why they make 1000 changes of the game, this is the main reason HoN failed to atract the dota1 comunity, "allmost" same game but very different cuz of so called "small" changes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pglppasarel View Post
    i hate this 2, fix it! dota2 should be identical in mechanics with dota1, don't understand why they make 1000 changes of the game, this is the main reason HoN failed to atract the dota1 comunity, "allmost" same game but very different cuz of so called "small" changes.
    I don't know anyone that plays DotA over HoN because the map is slightly different. Generally it's because of something they dislike about the heroes or balance of the game, or for that matter a lack of a hero.

The game will evolve with Dota 2, players should expect a lot of things to change.

Basic Member
    "because the map is slightly different" this is not a slightly change, it makes the game feel different for the ordinary players, and changes the game a lot for proplayers. i personaly like the hon engine,camera view,small hitbox models for heroes, better then the actual dota2, because it is very similar with dota1. i know a lot of people that don't like dota2 because of this things,and i know this cuz i am in a tight relationship with the romanian dota comunity, i am not talking about 3 people i am talkin about 100-200 . but i do hope u are right and there will be changes in the future, i guess now they concentrate their work on another part of the game, that's why a lot of bugs known are still existing.