Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with big trees

Basic Member

Issues with big trees

Sorry for the small font, I'd put in the effort of making it look better but it's kind of a hassle to take screenshots in DotA2 because there's no feature for it (afaik).

Here's what it reads:
    > The highlighted tree is so tall that it makes it very difficult for the small tree above to be clicked (circle in red).
    > When a player does make the mistake of clicking the small tree, he/she will fail in almost all angles possible in shown example. Not only that, the hero will move in a less than desirable path to conusme the highlighted tree (as shown in yellow arrow).

Here's another:

> Another example. This big, tall tree blocks the player from clicking the small one next to it (circled in red).
    > Again, it sucks because to consume this tree, the hero has to go all the way around to do it (as shown in yellow arrow).

My suspicion so far is that these small trees are in fact, (old) Bounty Hunter in reality. \_(ツ)_/

A small bit higher cast range on Tangoo's is what needed.

Basic Member
    About taking screenshots, I think can you can press F12 and it will take one and store for later.
    Anyway, nice topics you have there! With a lot of images and explanations. Good job!

Basic Member
    Oh goodness i thought i was the only one annoyed with all the weird tree sizes

Basic Member
    I think the hit box for targeting the trees should reside on the root of the tree-model. Right now it detects the entire model and bases off your targeting upon that regard, which causes the problem you've described.

I've experienced this problem several times when using tangos and has affected how I choose the trees I consume, when it would be much more convenient/practical if you could just pick the nearest tree in vicinity, without worrying about hit box- proximity.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    A small bit higher cast range on Tangoo's is what needed.
    A higher cast range on tango would not solve anything, hahah.

I will try the F12 in the future screenshots, and thanks for the props. Hopefully devs can figure out an effective way to resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlworld View Post
    A higher cast range on tango would not solve anything, hahah.

I will try the F12 in the future screenshots, and thanks for the props. Hopefully devs can figure out an effective way to resolve this.
    Not true. It would allow you to eat the bigger tree from farther away. This won't solve the problem of having a hard time targeting the smaller tree, but will solve your overall problem of not being able to just quickly click on any tree in that area and not caring which one you actually eat.

Basic Member
    The problem I'm having is that i have trouble clicking around the different trees when I'm trying to juke.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DysfunktinaL View Post
    Not true. It would allow you to eat the bigger tree from farther away. This won't solve the problem of having a hard time targeting the smaller tree, but will solve your overall problem of not being able to just quickly click on any tree in that area and not caring which one you actually eat.
    Ah, I see. A bandage still, as you implied.

Banned
    I had the same problems some times, where the hero suddenly walked the wrong path then I intended. I like the diversity in tree sizes though because it gives it a realistic feeling, so I wouldn't exactly know how to resolve this effectively.

edit: Maybe they should make the tree trunk get priority when targeting trees. This way little twitches of a bigger tree won't block the possibility to target the smaller tree.
    Last edited by Timbonator; 12-01-2011 at 10:17 AM.