Thread: [Confirmed] Spell Steal doesn't immediately disable access to previously stolen spell

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Spell Steal doesn't immediately disable access to previously stolen spell

Summary:
    Spell Steal doesn't immediately disable access to previously stolen spell

Repro:
    1) Spell Steal something
    2) Steal another/same spell from long distance

Result:
    Rubick will be able to use previous spell while projectile with new spell in flight

Expected:
    Old spell disappears when Spell Steal is used (not when projectile arrives)

PS. im not sure if title describes problem clear enough, edit it if you want

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Sorry to write an off topic message, but lunatic3k, I have to check it myself, but can you confirm that when Rubick casts spell steal, he is in fact channeling that spell during 2 seconds? I mean, he can't do anything, he c1an't move or so during casting spell steal. In Dota1 it was 0.5sec, i'm pretty sure of that.
    The video seems to be proving that too

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shideneyu View Post
    Sorry to write an off topic message, but lunatic3k, I have to check it myself, but can you confirm that when Rubick casts spell steal, he is in fact channeling that spell during 2 seconds? I mean, he can't do anything, he c1an't move or so during casting spell steal. In Dota1 it was 0.5sec, i'm pretty sure of that.
    The video seems to be proving that too
    He doesn't channel anything after spell steal. He can do anything he wants while spell projectile flying to him. On video he stands still because hi attack disabled completely, thats why he doesn't aggro to attack cm.