Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Visualise pathing on the minimap

Basic Member

Visualise pathing on the minimap

This happens to me a lot: when i have to run halfway across the map i click somewhere on the minimap. While walking i often start buying items, command the courier, type, etc... To then notice your hero is taking a route you did not intend him to take, due to pathing.
    Would it be possible to draw a line on your minimap showing the pathing your hero is going to follow? (Yes i know, it's getting old but they did this in Hon. But it was actually a very nice thing to have). This would allow you to correct your mistakes instead of noticing that all of a sudden, your hero is running under an enemy tower or randomly through the river.

A subtle visual effect on the path would be nice to have (with an option to turn on/off).

Basic Member
    Yeah, i was thinking about a simpe white line (small thickness), just a visual indicator of the path your hero is actually going to walk.

Basic Member
    Indeed. That's the one thing I am missing from LoL currently.

agreed +1

I would like to see this become an option at the very least. It's been done in both HoN and LoL and it does wonders. Sometime in LoL I notice the first path goes a weird route and usually a second or third "move here" straightens out the path enough to speed up travel. Or you're possibly going for a gank and need to sneak around a set of trees.. visual path can help ensure you get there undetected.

I'm definitely up for this idea. A player should be able to click on a location once and know exactly which of many paths the hero will use to get there. If the path is not what the player desired, then he can quickly remedy it and then move on to other tasks (shop, courier, keeping an eye on enemies) without having to worry about his hero going the wrong way, such as going through the river when meaning to go through the jungle for a gank.

Competing games have this enhancement in user-friendliness. Dota 2 ought to have the same.

Will not be added, ever. If any game has this in it, it's for children under the age of 6. Stupid, clogs of the map, useless UI, learn to micro your hero correctly and pay attention to where it goes.
    Stop asking the game developers to make the game easier because you are new.

Basic Member
    It would be a good addition, either that or they should fix some of the wonky pathing.

Basic Member
    @Nerzyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerzyman View Post
    If any game has this in it, it's for children under the age of 6
    That is a needless insult

Second Point:
    Stupid, clogs of the map, useless UI
    I don't see how it is any of those, especially useless since there are points above your post quite clearly stating how it would be very useful.

learn to micro your hero correctly and pay attention to where it goes.
    This will help people micro better since with this knowledge they can quickly fix a problem instead of waiting till it arrives to fix the pathing issue. (also good micro would still be better than relying on this so it makes the game easier to learn not easy)

Being against this because it will make the game 'easy' is like being against a game having a tutorial or telling you the controls.

Also Really good idea, I do hope this gets implemented.