Thread: Do bots actually draw creep aggro in Unfair?

Basic Member

Do bots actually draw creep aggro in Unfair?

Just wondering. I know Drow and Viper can harrass you for shit with their orb, and that's fine by me, but why are heroes like WR not drawing creep aggro when they auto attack me?

Windrunner often draws creep aggro when she harasses during the laning phase. She can avoid the damage by using Windrun. Sorry, I haven't seen what you're referring to yet.
    This ain't ova.

Basic Member
    because its unfair. the bots get more gold per interval too.

Basic Member
    It's not just WR. Death Prophet harasses me (Anti-Mage) in close distance and yet I hardly see her drawing any aggro.

Basic Member
    Cannot confirm.

But I will pay more attention to it.

Well eck, pay attention to where they engage you from. Are theye standing outside of creep aggro range when they target you with their auto-attack (not throwing it, but actively traveling towards you to attack). If you engage an enemy from outside of creep aggro range, and the resulting engagement moves you into creep aggro range you will not aggro the creeps because they do the check while you send out the attack command. It will be 2 seconds after that initial attack command sent you towards the target before the creeps will check for to see if they need to change priorities.

This is how good harassers do their work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXljong68E
    This ain't ova.

Basic Member
    If you're seeing this happen in the bottom lane while you're playing with a support, it's because your support constantly draws aggro as well, and I believe they also constantly cancel aggro. That's why creeps behave kind of funky at times. Bots also tend to hide - Dire side - in that dark notch between the trees right next to the Radiant tower, and they constantly fog the creeps while harassing and denying.

You can easily see they draw aggro because they almost always pull your creeps into the tower at level 1-2 if you're not pushing.