Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ancient : Radiant Dire victory animation

Basic Member

Lightbulb Ancient : Radiant Dire victory animation

Months ago I posted a suggestion on the world feed back thread,but haven`t seen any real changes to that particular topic since ,so I thought I`d share it hear for open discussion.

When either the Dire or Radiant wins , a neat looking animation starts playing of the Ancient exploding and all the creeps celebrating.I quite like it but it still looks a bit dull.

Dire Victory : Currently the Ancient Tree/fountain lights up and explodes and huge chunks of gray rocks tumbles to the ground,and some dude`s face.It looks pretty boring,I mean an evil force just snuffed out the light of the good guys ,the feeling of chaos and sadness should hang in the air while we view our game stats. I see the tree is filled with pink flowers (Cherry blossom ?) After it explodes let hundreds of small leaves slowly like snow flakes fall to the ground.And after a 10 seconds the skies become darker with thunder ,lightning and rain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK1Mt...1Y9f3Q&index=5

Radiant Victory : Currently it explodes and a big hole with lava is left in the ground while chunks of rock crash down. This animation already looks much better than the Dire Victory. But add some small molten lava rocks as well falling down all over like meteors leaving a tail of smoke and red glowing sparks in their wake all over.<When the stats tap come up it can be out of focus for nice effect.

Near the ending of Lord of the rings : Return of the king when Mount Doom explodes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4x7P_Fh9ro

Also can the stats tap end game be closed?

Banned
    Radiant has the tree and dire has the evil mordor eye. You swapped them.

Basic Member
    Sorry I mean Radiant victory = Dire Mordor eye thing and vice versa.

Maybe For Dire victory(Radiant ancient) I red lightning bolt could hit it,explodes in the same fashion but the tree still stand split in to either in flames or its flowers turning black?

Yeah dire victory needs some work imo.

How about when the Radiants win and the big hole shows up the life instantly returns to the trees and to the ground making everything as gayer as possible, and when the Dire wins everything dies, becomes darker and spirits start flying around and shit.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Direclaw View Post
    How about when the Radiants win and the big hole shows up the life instantly returns to the trees and to the ground making everything as gayer as possible, and when the Dire wins everything dies, becomes darker and spirits start flying around and shit.
    Yeah awesome idea.I like the way you think.
    Plus When Dire wins a short cut of Slayer`s Raining blood should play and Picnic of love by A*C*(Can`t pre-nounce vulgar name) when Radiant wins.
    Just it might take a while to make,program and animate,not to mention how much PC resources it will use(who cares really)Make it Valve! But do other important stuff first then this

Basic Member
    +1 on improving both sides, needs a more global change instead just the ancient.

Basic Member
    I'd just like for them to fix some of the rocks on Radiant Victory just floating about ignoring physics.

I suppose it isn't that high on priority though, as I imagine a re-do has been on their to-do list for a long time.

Basic Member
    it's not said that radiant is good and dire is evil.

anyway-> Effects
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

having the giant tree be toppled over and have it's leaves instantly fall off into a big pile would be kind of neat.