Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Deny Sound !!!!

Basic Member
    DotA does not need more superfluous animations. Keep it clean and simple so we can focus on the game play. The excessive animations were what really turned me off to HoN - it was hard to see what was going on.

All you A.D.D. kids who need flashy animations to "feel rewarded" can go play Angry Birds.

Basic Member
    I would really like to see this implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedervish View Post
    Deny mark and sound is ok already. Stop comparing DotA to HoN it really gets annoying: bunch of honfags coming to DotA 2 forums to compare it to their favourite game and if something is different criticising it.
    PRICELESS !!!!

• Processor : INTEL Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz CM
    • Motherboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H77-D3H
    • RAM : 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 1333Mhz
    • SSD : System - Samsung SSD 128gb EVO 840s
    • Hard Disk Drive : Storage WD 1TB+ 3.5" SATA II 64MB 7.200
    • Graphic Card : 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

HoN sounds are pretty cheap tbh, can really see why people sympathize with them. On the other hand people also like music of bad sound and composition quality, so there we probable have the reason: it all comes down to tastes; imo Dota 2 sounds are fine including the deny sounds.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Yust keep it the way it is, everything HON-like will yust ruin the gameplay. Gameplay >> Almost every other aspect of game.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow in the knee.

I'm more worried about the "Meep Merp" sound when you attack backdoor-proofed structures. What were they thinking, it sounds like some sort of placeholder

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgunner View Post
    I feel the deny sound that comes up occasionally sounds a bit Faggy. The fun sounds of Dota has always been the Double/triple kill Dramatic Sounds and they sound Tough/Strong.
    A more Tough/strong sound for deny rather than a girl on constipation would add to the experience. Might be something that bugs me alone .
    You already get your hero to occasionally make fun of your lane opponent and sometimes the quotes directly criticize your opponents' playstyle. Deny often and it can really start to grind on their mentality. I don't know what else would you want besides that. Exclamation sign is only there to indicate who denied the creep. So really, where is the need to add more effects to this since it's already quite complete?

Basic Member
    Deny sound/effect is PERFECT. Don't "fix" it.

Quote Originally Posted by eisiger View Post
    I'm more worried about the "Meep Merp" sound when you attack backdoor-proofed structures. What were they thinking, it sounds like some sort of placeholder
    You obviously don't know how valve makes games.
    On a side note who the hell would keep on clicking on an invulnerable building and get annoyed by it? Oh, it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfaQ View Post
    HoN sounds are pretty cheap tbh, can really see why people sympathize with them. On the other hand people also like music of bad sound and composition quality, so there we probable have the reason: it all comes down to tastes; imo Dota 2 sounds are fine including the deny sounds.
    Dota 2 sounds are fine for sure, but you can't even compare the effects/animation to HoN's deny.It's just better. And yeah, it IS clean, people can't bitch about it.

A lot of people on this Dota 2 forum are just a bunch of Dota 2 fags.
    Don't get me wrong, I was a HoN beta tester and I'm playing Dota 2 because I think the game WILL be better (it isn't for now), but somethings are just dumb to be against in a discussion. HoN is not a perfect game, but so far it's better than Dota 2 in many ways, and there is no way to disagree with that. (wich is OK, because guess what, the game is still on a BETA phase -_-)

I know a lot of people that play both games and all of them agrees that Dota 2 for now is worse than HoN, and that HoN has a ton of things Dota 2 should port. All of them agree with this, but not all of them prefer to play HoN.
    Getting one or 2 things from a different/worse game to yours doesn't mean you'll make your game worse. People have to stop being DotA fags and realize that you can have a LOT more. Dota 2 is a trash for now. We HAVE to ask for more. We NEED more. We DESERVE more. Stop being a closed mind bitch (not directed to you mindfaQ, but to all DotA fanboys, don't even know if you are one) and start looking for better things to be implemented in this game, instead of bashing other games that most of you probably didn't even play.
    Last edited by Trilles; 01-07-2012 at 09:31 PM.