Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Deny Sound !!!!

  1. #21
    Basic Member Irrelevante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilles View Post
    Dota 2 sounds are fine for sure, but you can't even compare the effects/animation to HoN's deny.It's just better. And yeah, it IS clean, people can't bitch about it.
    You mean this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiTDdWFphXM

    If not, please enlighten. I don't see any real difference between the deny animations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilles View Post
    A lot of people on this Dota 2 forum are just a bunch of Dota 2 fags.
    Don't get me wrong, I was a HoN beta tester and I'm playing Dota 2 because I think the game WILL be better (it isn't for now), but somethings are just dumb to be against in a discussion. HoN is not a perfect game, but so far it's better than Dota 2 in many ways, and there is no way to disagree with that. (wich is OK, because guess what, the game is still on a BETA phase -_-)
    Guy, please don't become the group you're criticizing against in the same sentence. "It's just better" is not an argument, it's a HoN fan statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilles View Post
    I know a lot of people that play both games and all of them agrees that Dota 2 for now is worse than HoN, and that HoN has a ton of things Dota 2 should port. All of them agree with this, but not all of them prefer to play HoN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilles View Post
    Getting one or 2 things from a different/worse game to yours doesn't mean you'll make your game worse. People have to stop being DotA fags and realize that you can have a LOT more. Dota 2 is a trash for now. We HAVE to ask for more. We NEED more. We DESERVE more. Stop being a closed mind bitch (not directed to you mindfaQ, but to all DotA fanboys, don't even know if you are one) and start looking for better things to be implemented in this game, instead of bashing other games that most of you probably didn't even play.
    Generalizing ain't a good thing. Here we have a discussion about a change that is not needed to cater to the likes of some of the users of the beta. There's a difference between rejecting change and rejecting a fix for what isn't broken.
    Last edited by Irrelevante; 01-07-2012 at 10:46 PM.

  2. #22
    Basic Member Cryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    204
    When you deny a creep in HoN they teleport out. This is highly visually different from a standard death, and has a sound effect to match up with the graphic. When you deny a creep in dota you are shooting your teammates in the back. Once again heroes of newerth proves to be the more internally consistent and superior product. Luckily dota 2 is in beta so one would expect carte blanche upon lifting design decisions from selfsame moba masterpiece.
    Last edited by Cryle; 01-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23
    Meh. It's quiet for a reason, I do not want DotA 2 to become the audio-visual clusterfuck that is HoN.

    There's a LOT going on on the screen at one time, especially during a teamfight. At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I appreciate that Valve is trying to diminish that as much as possible. I'm not going to comment on TF2's gameplay, but it is pretty much the pinnacle of graphics in terms of using visual/audio cues to inform the player of events in the game. And it does so via subtlety, not sparkles and bloom effects for every.single.thing. like HoN.
    Last edited by NodFlenders; 01-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.

  4. #24
    Basic Member Trilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brasil, Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    You mean this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiTDdWFphXM

    If not, please enlighten. I don't see any real difference between the deny animations.



    Guy, please don't become the group you're criticizing against in the same sentence. "It's just better" is not an argument, it's a HoN fan statement.





    Generalizing ain't a good thing. Here we have a discussion about a change that is not needed to cater to the likes of some of the users of the beta. There's a difference between rejecting change and rejecting a fix for what isn't broken.
    First of all, no?? We are talking about the creep deny animation...

    Secondly, hmm...do you wanna discuss wich game is the best one? HoN for now has more players, wich gives you a better and more balanced matchmaking system. Their system is also better because if you are a team of lets say 4 players, the system searches for a group of 4 friends as your enemies too, so the game is more balanced. In there the MMR system exist, wich so far there is nothing compared to it in here. They have more heroes so far, wich leads to more counter picks and a more balanced gameplay since there are some heroes in here that doesn't have a lot of counters because they aren't releasing the heroes in the order they were on DotA. So yeah, the game becomes imbalanced.
    HoN also has a lot of features that doesn't let you get mad at the game letting the gameplay become a more fun experience like the concede vote that doesn't let you keep getting killed at the fountain for nothing or the kick vote system that doesn't let a troll person ruin a whole game by purposely feeding the enemy team or staying AFK at the fountain. The game also has some better functions like the unstuck system that doesn't let you stay stuck on the map like you get in some places on the Dota 2 map (you can look for some threads to see what I'm talking about). I think in here there is enough reason to KNOW that HoN is better FOR NOW. Because again, obviously, Dota 2 has a disadvantage since it's still on BETA phase. But if you are just dumb to discuss about it, OK.

    Indeed generalizing ain't a good thing. But I've talked to many people already, from LoL, HoN, and DotA's communities and almost all of them agreed that Dota 2 needs a lot more improvements to become a good game like the others are right now. Since he isn't inovating in anything at all, at least they should add some obvious features that many people agreed with already (like the concede vote system). It's just sad to see a bunch of people rejecting things that could be looked at and tested at least before being judged. I don't know what are you talking about by saying "difference between rejecting change and rejecting fix". Nothing is broken regarding the deny system in Dota 2 as far as I know, we are just suggesting better animations. It's simple.

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    You mean this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiTDdWFphXM

    If not, please enlighten. I don't see any real difference between the deny animations.
    Hero deny is the same as DotA deny yes. It's literally just "Denied" and done. No sound, no nothing.
    However, if you deny a creep, the creep like... well sort of implodes I suppose, as if it gets sucked into a black hole. A very distinct sound comes up along with it.
    Similarly, if you get a last hit on a lane creep (not deny), it will explode. However, if another creep got the kill on it it will use it's normal death animation. It makes it quite clear who gets the last hit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2mvIxWvBU look at about a minute in, sorry for the guys voice

    These 2 are things I do like about HoN as it makes fairly simple things more clear, in the laning phase there isn't terribly much going on anyhow so the clusterfuck of effects that is HoN wouldn't be reproduced just by bringing these 2 things into the game. I want to avoid that clusterfuck just as much as you do.

    HoN for now has more players, wich gives you a better and more balanced matchmaking system. Their system is also better because if you are a team of lets say 4 players, the system searches for a group of 4 friends as your enemies too, so the game is more balanced. In there the MMR system exist, wich so far there is nothing compared to it in here. They have more heroes so far, wich leads to more counter picks and a more balanced gameplay since there are some heroes in here that doesn't have a lot of counters because they aren't releasing the heroes in the order they were on DotA. So yeah, the game becomes imbalanced.
    What the hell is your argument? This game is in closed beta, no shit there aren't too many players. As such matchmaking based on parties is also nigh-impossible as the queue times would be immense and would only piss people off who are trying to test your game.
    In addition the order of release is irrelevant, I mean some of the heroes were changed so heavily since they've come out that their original goal may very well be nowhere to be found, and instead they fulfill a completely different role. Besides that beta is beta, this is a discussion more so about game polishing, not about balance.
    HoN also has a lot of features that doesn't let you get mad at the game letting the gameplay become a more fun experience like the concede vote that doesn't let you keep getting killed at the fountain for nothing or the kick vote system that doesn't let a troll person ruin a whole game by purposely feeding the enemy team or staying AFK at the fountain. The game also has some better functions like the unstuck system that doesn't let you stay stuck on the map like you get in some places on the Dota 2 map (you can look for some threads to see what I'm talking about).
    Concede is arguable. It has its ups and downs. Concede is nice to have at times, sure, but at the same time it has caused some really bad behavior with people just standing around like a complete muppet whining for a concede.
    Concede basically lowers frustration for the losing team, but also lowers satisfaction of the winning team. In addition it usually has a bad impact on the community as a whole because of the whole 'whining for a concede' thing. Without an in-game function, people are less likely to give up and just whine for game end like some in HoN have the tendency to do.
    The unstuck system is also arguable. I mean in HoN people can just blink up a ward spot with Blink Dagger, kill it then walk off the cliff. In DotA, you are stuck there. You need to wait for the cooldown, in this time you are vulnerable.
    So again, it's not a function that -needs- to be added. It affects balance and in certain cases has been shown to be exploited.
    Last edited by Arxos; 01-08-2012 at 03:38 PM.

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,342
    i love the part where people are talking about some garbage in hon like it has any context in dota 2 whatsoever

    if these people got their way:

    "vladhood (Storm Spirit) has just denied a creep!
    [audio cue]: CREEP DENIED! GREAT JOB, PLAYER!
    vladhood is denying creeps non-stop! somebody STOP HIM!!!"
    Last edited by vladhood; 01-08-2012 at 03:53 PM.

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    i love the part where people are talking about some garbage in hon like it has any context in dota 2 whatsoever

    if these people got their way:

    "vladhood (Storm Spirit) has just denied a creep!
    [audio cue]: CREEP DENIED! GREAT JOB, PLAYER!
    vladhood is denying creeps non-stop! somebody STOP HIM!!!"
    You know I'd probably be more annoyed by your comment if it wasn't so damn impressive how badly you managed to miss the point.

  8. #28
    Basic Member Irrelevante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilles View Post
    Secondly, hmm...do you wanna discuss wich game is the best one?
    Missed the point entirely. "It's better" is not an argument. You didn't even try to convince us that this suggestion would be better than the current, nor bothered to explain what the animation was in the first place; that is not how you get support from the community for a suggestion. Also thanks for explaining why a finished game is better than one in beta, we really needed to know

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilles View Post
    Indeed generalizing ain't a good thing. But I've talked to many people already, from LoL, HoN, and DotA's communities and almost all of them agreed that Dota 2 needs a lot more improvements to become a good game like the others are right now. Since he isn't inovating in anything at all, at least they should add some obvious features that many people agreed with already (like the concede vote system). It's just sad to see a bunch of people rejecting things that could be looked at and tested at least before being judged. I don't know what are you talking about by saying "difference between rejecting change and rejecting fix". Nothing is broken regarding the deny system in Dota 2 as far as I know, we are just suggesting better animations. It's simple.
    Concede has many pros and cons to be implemented lightly. I wouldn't be surprised to end up seeing it implemented along with a well-thought system that prevents most abuses. Most likely will be added when people being reported for game ruining and such properly, this feature can be added without too much negative impact since concede whiners would be punished for runing the whole team's experience if it were to happen.

    We aren't fixing any bugs here, we are suggesting visual changes for the game. I'm all in for change and improvement of animations where it's possible but adding any and every other suggestion on the forums will just fuck up the feel of the game. Really, is there any reason to add this? Besides the fact that maybe some people think it looks "better"? (the latter is an opinion, let it go)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2mvIxWvBU look at about a minute in, sorry for the guys voice

    These 2 are things I do like about HoN as it makes fairly simple things more clear, in the laning phase there isn't terribly much going on anyhow so the clusterfuck of effects that is HoN wouldn't be reproduced just by bringing these 2 things into the game. I want to avoid that clusterfuck just as much as you do.
    This is what I mean by explaining what the effect is. Honestly, I can do without it. I believe both effects are over the top for something that happens 5-8 times per minute in a lane. I can also see them getting boring pretty fast. Not to mention that some skill animations would just make these effects look silly in conjunction. Killed a wave of creeps with bristleback's quill spray? EXPLODE! Sorry, it does't feel right.
    Last edited by Irrelevante; 01-08-2012 at 06:00 PM.

  9. #29
    Basic Member Cryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    i love the part where people are talking about some garbage in hon like it has any context in dota 2 whatsoever

    if these people got their way:

    "vladhood (Storm Spirit) has just denied a creep!
    [audio cue]: CREEP DENIED! GREAT JOB, PLAYER!
    vladhood is denying creeps non-stop! somebody STOP HIM!!!"
    What we have here is someone who's never played anything but dota, and thinks dota 2 is a step forward in any way except meme generation potential.

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryle View Post
    What we have here is someone who's never played anything but dota, and thinks dota 2 is a step forward in any way except meme generation potential.
    actually even after being in the dota 2 beta since september and playing 3-5 games a day, i probably still have more games played in hon than i do in DotA and dota 2 combined

    nt though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •