Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Friendly bots are blatantly feeding the enemy bot team

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziem View Post
    If you have over 20 kills and less than 5 deaths it's pretty easy to win if you -really- want to, just split push (really easy with travels). Bots are too dumb to understand that a lineup with sven/dp/tiny+2 can easily take a rax (or two..) and then defend their base from one guy; they immediately 5 man tp and chase you around the map wasting time, every time you show up on a lane.
    Yeah this does work but its cheesy and gamey as hell and is of no use in practice. Playing Nature's Prophet is especially comical... Team losing by more than triple the kills? No problem, they will chase you around the map aimlessly while you win the game solo...

I'd rather they not feed constantly and/or do suicide pushes. I mean sure asking them not to feed isn't easy but they sometimes commit to the silliest attacks that are only ever going to end in tears, then it snowballs especially if they do said silly attack multiple times.

I'm also 100% convinced the bots perform differently on the human side. They tend to be more likely to do suicide attacks (outnumbered pushes) and are far more reckless. That's not to say non human team bots aren't reckless at times but I rarely see AI bots chase beyond the tier 3/4 tower whereas human bots do it a fair bit.

I don't know if it was changed, but its been a long time since I've seen Viper on my team dominate as badly as he can on the enemy team. He usually still manages to go positive unlike most of the bots (that's big of him...) but not overwhelmingly 22-3 or something equally silly.
    Last edited by Peachrocks; 04-04-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Basic Member
    I can still remember a particular bot match. It ended 60-60 and I lost. I played Clinkz and my k/d/a ratio was 39/7/7...
    so yeah, the bots can be a little bit of a pain in the arse when they decide to feed...

PS: it should be noted that around 4 of my kills were due to my whole team suiciding and me trying to defend the base solo and buybacking

Basic Member
    Problem is that the bots are not helping you to push and you find yourself up alone which is suicide. The bots not only feed in such situation, they roam around aimlessly not pushing or anything. you ping for them to defend, they would rather stay at nc then return only until hive reached tower and they go suicidal. Not only that, there are even situation when the hive are attacking tower at rax, human bots that are at base instead of defending when you ping, they tele up to top tower and then walk back to base and with the comment, defending mid. Seriously this some really screwed up programming or bug.
    Last edited by qwerty12; 04-04-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
    Problem is that the bots are not helping you to push and you find yourself up alone which is suicide. The bots not only feed in such situation, they roam around aimlessly not pushing or anything. you ping for them to defend, they would rather stay at nc then return only until hive reached tower and they go suicidal. Not only that, there are even situation when the hive are attacking tower at rax, human bots that are at base instead of defending when you ping, they tele up to top tower and then walk back to base and with the comment, defending mid. Seriously this some really screwed up programming or bug.
    Or when they do try defend, they walk ahead of the tower they are defending all alone and then get killed when they are focused down horribly. Rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times if the bot is alive and able to feed err I mean 'defend'. I don't think I've ever seen the AI team bots do this. Here are some 'legendary' games I've played recently.

Lemme win the game for you.png

Lemme win the game for you 2.png

No don't get up, seriously guys I got this.png

Can you stop feeding please.png
    Last edited by Peachrocks; 04-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachrocks View Post
    Or when they do try defend, they walk ahead of the tower they are defending all alone and then get killed when they are focused down horribly. Rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times if the bot is alive and able to feed err I mean 'defend'. I don't think I've ever seen the AI team bots do this. Here are some 'legendary' games I've played recently.
    Ever tried carrying them with Spectre or PA? Those games are HARD dammit

Basic Member
    Incidentally I have. Spectre isn't too bad because of her mobility which the bots are really weak against but PA is a bit more painful.

Those games I posted were some of the more 'delightful' examples though I'm sure I could do better (and the bots could do worse), especially as of late. It's pretty bad when I'm outfarming and outkilling everyone on my team as Treant Protector who I'm playing a bit lately.

The PL game just had me staring in disbelief at what kept happening. It was 10-70 at one stage.
    Last edited by Peachrocks; 04-05-2013 at 04:04 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
    I've actually found opposite to be problem with bot pushing behavior... I tp to a lane with a carry tofarm it, within a few seconds multiple bot tps come in, saying "pushing [lane im in]", then they start autoattacking creeps. Like wtf?

Basic Member
    Incidentally I have. Spectre isn't too bad because of her mobility which the bots are really weak against but PA is a bit more painful.

Those games I posted were some of the more 'delightful' examples though I'm sure I could do better (and the bots could do worse), especially as of late. It's pretty bad when I'm outfarming and outkilling everyone on my team as Treant Protector who I'm playing a bit lately.

The PL game just had me staring in disbelief at what kept happening. It was 10-70 at one stage.
    IDK as hard carries I generally end up losing 2 sets of rax at 17 minutes and it's GG short after that

When I play mid it ends up like this Attachment 14160

If I didn't expoit the AI I would have lost easily. I noticed the allied bots now don't even bother defending the barrax, I had my whole team sit as 4 in the fountain while the enemy team took mid and top barracks.

I still don't understand why the enemy bots have this obsession over 5 man ganking you at all costs, it's so obsessive it almost feels like a bug. Also I have noticed allied bots don't pick up gems you purchase.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    IDK as hard carries I generally end up losing 2 sets of rax at 17 minutes and it's GG short after that

When I play mid it ends up like this Attachment 14160

If I didn't expoit the AI I would have lost easily. I noticed the allied bots now don't even bother defending the barrax, I had my whole team sit as 4 in the fountain while the enemy team took mid and top barracks.

I still don't understand why the enemy bots have this obsession over 5 man ganking you at all costs, it's so obsessive it almost feels like a bug. Also I have noticed allied bots don't pick up gems you purchase.
    It's an exploit rather than a bug. The behavior would appear intended but that doesn't mean you can't manipulate it. Honestly though, I'd rather this not be changed until bots on Hard and Unfair stop feeding the other team and stop walking in 1vs5 without casting anything.

Sometimes when I play a Hard Carry, I'm a little more active than I'd be normally as to prevent that situation from happening but yeah that's happened to me plenty as well, they've thrown the game well before the 17 minute mark where it becomes official and made it near impossible to come back.

Basic Member
    Incidentally I have. Spectre isn't too bad because of her mobility which the bots are really weak against
    I think the bots don't realize that you ulting in = you're participating to the fight, so they will just run and die. Since the enemy team is 5 man balling and they're clumped up together you will deal no damage to 'em with your ult, if you port in you instantly receive 5 ults in the face no matter if your team is there or not. It basically depends on whether or not the enemy bots will derp harder than yours and lose 5v4 until you get a couple items up