Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Tusk - Ice Shards - Do not angle properly (should)

[Confirmed] Tusk - Ice Shards - Do not angle properly (should)

Pay attention to the orange arrow, representing the primary crystal's creation direction.
    Disregard the amount of the blue arrows... for now. It will be the topic of another report.

Overly detailed information on the next post.
    Edit
    I thought some may understand the case better with this one so I am adding LINKING this, credits to Typhox:
    http://i.imgur.com/i0KVkSt.png
    Linking because it looked like too much of a mess to my eyes...
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 02-14-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Personally, I haven't really played much with Tuskarr in DotA, therefore I did not have much experience on this guy to rely on while testing.
    So, this time, I rather took the help of the jass code instead of personal experience. Took me a while to understand it, but now I think I can speak Jass as good as I speak French.

Je na parle François.

Anyway, I am whiting out this part. If you are interested, read this post.

Function called "Func3711" is the main function for the Ice Shards.
    It has many lines for projectile creation, projection, hurting units on the way without getting them hurt multiple times, and then the projectile destruction...
    And then, the part about the ice crystal creation comes:

Code:
        if unit370!=null then
          call Func3709(loc_unit01,unit370,loc_real06,loc_real07,loc_real05*bj_RADTODEG)
        else
          call Func3709(loc_unit01,null,loc_real06,loc_real07,loc_real05*bj_RADTODEG)
        endif
    Function "Func3709" is for the ice crystal creation.
    unit370, if I'm not mistaken, is the code for (non-allied) heroes.

Func3709 tries hard, really hard to make the ice crystals appear in set angles, regarding a specific direction.

Code:
      if loc_unit02!=null then
        set loc_real04=GetUnitX(loc_unit02)
        set loc_real05=GetUnitY(loc_unit02)
        set loc_real06=Func0158(loc_real01,loc_real02,loc_real04,loc_real05)
      else
        set loc_real06=loc_real03
        set loc_real04=loc_real01+50*Cos(loc_real06*bj_DEGTORAD)
        set loc_real05=loc_real02+50*Sin(loc_real06*bj_DEGTORAD)
      endif
    If it hits a hero;
    It gets the location where the projectile last was, and also gets the unit370 in question's location.
    Calculates the angle inbetween.
    Creates 5 shards that are 200 units afar from the hero, and 40 degrees apart from each other, and for some reason, as if it matters, also facing inwards (important!!)...
    Crystals have 5 seconds of lifetime.
    Using the calculated angle, it places the crystal in the middle, the orange one, the primary one. Adds 40, 80; and subtracts 40, 80 from that angle for the other crystals.

The current state on Dota 2 could be achieved easily by just removing the first parts from the code extracts I have provided. It actually doesn't matter which one gets removed. Even if just one of them gets removed, it would work like it does on Dota 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdey View Post
    Is it any important ?
    I hope you are referring to the "Je na parle François." part in my post...

Even if not, I recommend you to lie.

Basic Member
    I'm not joking, is it really a major bug ? I can't grasp the importance of this. Could the mislaid angle trigger more bugs, or is it just a different way of trigerring the spell ?
    Please explain.
    Verdey - Former Initiator

As I'm french, I often make grammar and syntax mistakes. Please forgive me

Do you understand the fact that it currently is wrong in Dota 2, and should be eventually (sooner or later) be fixed to interact the way it does in DotA?

I understand what you mean but I don't see this as a Critical Bug.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post

Pay attention to the orange arrow, representing the primary crystal's creation direction.
    Disregard the amount of the blue arrows... for now. It will be the topic of another report.

Overly detailed information on the next post.
    I don't get it. Are you saying that currently in Dota 2 the opening between the shards always faces the same direction? I don't think that you're saying that, but I couldn't find any other meaning

Basic Member
    God...

He says that shards take the angle of direction the spell is flying instead of the angle the unit is hit, pay attention to those smaller light blue arrows, the dota2 is snakeish

kpZEuqsl.jpg <- explanation

sorry for using ur pic Appelsin, but this way it's is easier to explain
    Last edited by Rysik; 02-14-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kolt View Post
    I understand what you mean but I don't see this as a Critical Bug.
    Yeah, ok, that was the answer I was expecting to see... But you are not the Verdey guy...
    kolt, you are a legacy member as far as I can see. I was trying to teach Verdey something here, but since you also don't know about it, I may aswell teach it to you:

See this path of linkings?
    It begins with the Forum, and then the next step is Test Client.
    You see, this section, is for the issues that emerged with the last Test Client.

Due to the fact that these things will be ported over to the main client in ~24 hours, every bug the Test Client is considered as Critical.
    Critical means critical. Not severe.
    Critical means that it is somewhat urgent. The fact that it will be set into the main client soon, makes it urgent.

I did not call this bug as severe. It could be considered as moderate, though... Still, it is critical without a doubt.

Basic Member
    this is true, shards are created in a straight line with collision and hero