Thread: [Confirmed] Disruptor [Kinetic Field] Movement Speed gets set to zero on the edges

[Confirmed] Disruptor [Kinetic Field] Movement Speed gets set to zero on the edges

It drops Movement Speed down to zero, which effects spells that use the movement speed of the units as a variable, like;
    - Tusk's Snowball
    - Spirit Breaker's Greater Bash

This shouldn't happen. Kinetic Field should not cause any difference at the movement speed value.

Again, /care to anyone who says that this is not a Test Client only issue.

Due to movement speed being set to zero, Snowball stays stationary if the Tusk casts Snowball after hitting the Kinetic Field boundaries. It doesn't matter whether Tusk meets the boundaries from the inside or the outside.

Also, if the Snowball is cast in such a direction that it will have to cross over Kinetic Field, the Snowball rolls itself and crosses over the Kinetic Field, but the units inside do not appear where the Snowball implodes; again probably due to this bug: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=73584
    Too wrong...
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 04-23-2013 at 09:37 AM.

I remember a previous post saying how the coding was different between Dota1 and Dota2 for this spell o.O
    Might of been you or some other guy.

Issue might be related to this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

There is this one about the pounce leash, exact same issue: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=73685
    There also is this one about the kinetic field again, slightly different: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=79848

I think you are meaning the second post link, not post, link... Aaaand you're right, this issue is clearly stated there. Still, don't know, that one focuses on being unable to displace, and this one focuses on slowing down to zero ms
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 04-23-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage