Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tusk's voicework

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    Hadn't played a game with Tusk yet, just now did. Even worse than the greeviling. It's so forced it's unbelievable. I'm honestly surprised Valve thought that was the right route to go with tusk's voice. And for the people who think we are simply hating on the voice actor, I have nothing against the guy. The accent is just so fake that it doesn't sound natural at all.
    And where are you from sir? I think your accent sounds a bit sketchy to me.

Lay off the cynicism, would you. Tusk is mindblowingly weird, the least to be said. I don't know who came up with that voice, but seriously, putting one glock of an emphasis on the end of every single word was probably a bit too much.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    Oh god yes. Please rework the voiceover. The voice and accentuation don't fit Tusk at all, let alone fit Dota. Greeviling was god-awful, don't make it even worse by putting it in the game permamently, please.

see the problem here is that you're assuming he's supposed to be nordic, even though he comes from a fantasy universe.

that's just the way people from his made-up region talk. he's not emulating an accent from any of our nationalities because those don't exist in the world of dota.

Basic Member
    Are you kidding? the voice is amazing, I do admit that sometimes it feels too forced and thick but the accent itself is great, and so was the greeviling announcer, I'm only not gonna buy the tusk announcer because I already have the bastion one and one announcer is enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

For me, the Tusk's voice seems to be the same than Witch Doctor's voice.
    It's not a good point...
    It's like Slardar, Warlock, Necrolyte and others who share the same voice...

Basic Member
    That voicework is TERRIBLE. A voice has to be natural, not FAKE.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5chneemensch View Post
    That voicework is TERRIBLE. A voice has to be natural, not FAKE.
    But it is Tusk's natural voice?

It's not like he came from Iceland and hopped into the game. He came from the North which is near Icewrack, that's the accent they have there.

Well let's be honest right now, it's Valve who decide what kind of accent people from Cobalt have.

Might as well have given him something that wouldn't make him emphasise the end of every. single. word. he says.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    except it doesn't sound extremely forced.