Thread: [Fixed] buying more than 1 tango to the courier removes their refund time

Basic Member

[Fixed] buying more than 1 tango to the courier removes their refund time

While I had this once before, and didn't think much of it, it happened again in a recent game.
    I bought 2 tangos (I had around 190g) perhaps "a little fast" via the courier (not the hero) then sold them next second and got a refund of only 1 tango (had around 110g or so).

It's hard to reproduce but you can see it in the game. I was Jakiro. Might happen with other items, not sure. As I said, it's rare but both times it happened with tangos. The first time was some time ago so it's not a "latest patch glitch".

Replay link: dota2://matchid=128215273&matchtime=290
    Last edited by The Nomad; 02-18-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    It's hard to reproduce but you can see it in the game.
    in which game?

are you sure you were still in the 100% refund duration for selling tangos back?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I posted the replay link in my post.
    Yes it was the next second. Just click and watch and be surprised

Volunteer Moderator
    ^That is an annoying way to link it IMO, just put the raw text there so people like me can manually read the data off it :P

also I confirm, the consumables lose their sellback timer as one buys more than ONE directly on the courier...

Probably related to the fix they did to stop it stacking with full resell before?
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 02-17-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky then.
    seems to be a temporary workaround.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Buying bottle using it and selling bottle within the refund timer also voids it.

But this is maybe intended. (Wanted to regen at fountain faster..)

Basic Member
    I think that this is intended. Pay atention at this:
    If you have 1 tango (1 unit, not 3) in your inventary and you sell it (after the refund time), you will receive 15 gold.
    Now if you have 1 tango (again, 1 unit) and you buy 1 more tango (now have 4 tangos) and you sell them (before the refund time) you will get 120 gold because you can't sell only 3 tangos, the system will sell the 4 tangos of your inventary. This way, you will obtain the money of a tango that you bought long time ago.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    ^That is an annoying way to link it IMO, just put the raw text there so people like me can manually read the data off it :P
    Done
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxnn View Post
    If you have 1 tango (1 unit, not 3) in your inventary and you sell it (after the refund time), you will receive 15 gold.
    Now if you have 1 tango (again, 1 unit) and you buy 1 more tango (now have 4 tangos) and you sell them (before the refund time) you will get 120 gold because you can't sell only 3 tangos, the system will sell the 4 tangos of your inventary. This way, you will obtain the money of a tango that you bought long time ago.
    This seems to be the cause of this bug. Guess they didn't check if you have a full charge on your first tango and just assume.