Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Wisp Relocate + Tether Move

Basic Member

[Fixed] Wisp Relocate + Tether Move

Well, i will not say a word, just get 131224296 match replay, 40 min In-game Time, and watch wisp....
    AND, also watch my (i was the one playing wisp) perspective, i realy want to do this move again, but i can't find out HOW!!!

Worth the test.

Basic Member
    I am still trying to find out what, wisp was in bot, tp'd base with rubick (last moment tether). Then, when wisp goes back (last moment breaks tether on rubick) alone, he tethers a creep, and goes flying back to base at about, 20k ms. (yes, he doesnt teleport, if you watch in slowmo, minimap shows wisp ''jumping'' 3k range jumps

Basic Member
    please, someone test it, its a real bug

It seems weird indeed. I just watched it and i never have seen that bug before.
    I don't even know how you could repro it.

Basic Member
    Could Spectre's dagger be playing a part in this? You can see it traveling back and forth for 20 seconds, then again, I still have no idea how that could've happened.

Basic Member
    Still no one?

Basic Member
    I watched demons stream today and a wisp bug occurred where he relocated somewhere, and right as he went back to his original point he used blink dagger and tethered a creep and wound up at the relocation point.
    Looks like the same thing since he tethered a creep

Basic Member
    Thats it, but with no blink dagger.

Basic Member
    my guess is that tether has a "last location" variable from which the tether animation is being started.
    after relocating (back) wisp tethers with a lane creep and the range check is done with its current position. however the actual tether movement is done from the (outdated) previous location at the fountain.
    after traveling a minimum distance towards the creep, the tether breaks because the range is too far (from wisps new position to the tether target).

either the "last location" variable isnt properly updated after relocate or this is a lag issue.

in any case, added to the sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

[Unconfirmed] Unexpected teleport by wisp

Yo. Timestamp: 40:20-40:26. Wisp came back from base with magnus on bottom lane, then magnus skewer, rp, wisp tethered him and had been instantly teleported to the middle of map (near Rosh). Match id: 194562216.