Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 hero select crash megathread

Basic Member
    I STILL cannot play. I've had this problem since at least Thurs/Friday. WHENEVER I try to hit "play" after selecting my hero, the game just instantly freezes and then crashes to desktop, w/ error message, no nothing.

I got low priority for this, and haven't been able to play all weekend. Please get on fixing this! I've never had any Dota 2 crashing problems before the item build patch.

Please help valve!!!

Basic Member
    i suggest you redownload dota 2

Basic Member
    Redownload and install STEAM & Dota2 = still crash!!!!!!
    verify my steam cache = still crash!!!!!!!!
    I cannot play dota2 for 3 day already!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fast Fix the problem !!!!!!

Valve don't care.
    Is this bug occured by new hero guide system or what? I can't play since feb, 22! Then was an update which brought new hero guide system as main change. My Dota 2 crashes after picking ANY hero in ANY MODE EVEN WITH BOTS or changing spectator mode to "hero perspective". Nothing else crashes it. And i never had bugs before this new update. I just don't believe that hero guide system can ruin game of hundreds or even thousands of players! What else was changed?
    And I want you guys to say me ur console configuration (type 'differences' and copy-paste here) and video options. Maybe we have something similar that can hinder us.
    Last edited by epsilonzet; 02-26-2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: bad english

This random crashes are becoming really annoying! Right after pressing play game jumps out and it happens after last patch so as i said before sth is really wrong here
    And today after it happens i couldn't reconnect normally (Hopefully i know some crazy ways to reconnect to game but if i don't know them...!

Basic Member
    Been 7 days.

As soon as I hit "play" after selecting a hero, my game crashes to desktop after freezing for ~5-10 sec.

I'm impressed with the lack of fixes after 7 days.

Basic Member
    For what it's worth, the bug looks fixed in the test client. I haven't had a chance to test it extensively, though.

Basic Member
    it is happening to me ... but with all heroes not just those three.........

Basic Member
    Just happened to me twice with Medusa and Lina. It's pathetic to see that this hasn't been fixed after all this time.

The bug of OP actually has been fixed, you experience a different crash bug or some leftovers of the same bug, whichever the case, it's not like this hasn't been addressed before by the devs.

Let me just ask out of curiousity, were you able to play before the patch 2 weeks ago without occasional crashes?
    Last edited by Kaneomanie; 03-02-2013 at 08:43 AM.