Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Option to change minimap to right side.

It works perfectly in dota 1 during all those years, and I think the map doesn't create the missclick but it is more a player mistake.
    I played Dota 1, HoN, LoL, dota 2 and left or right, the map position never was a problem

I completely DISAGREE TO THIS IDEA

There is no Right Side, for me it has always been on the left and it is a difference that people got to accustomate, if they don't, go back to your lol or to your HON.

On top of that, it will never prevent miss clicks, it will get on your right that's all. I fucking don't want that the minimap goes to the right, I'm a former Dota1 player and it is the dota traditions.

Don't be silly, don't make this game copy LOL any longers.

Quote Originally Posted by shideneyu View Post
    I completely DISAGREE TO THIS IDEA

There is no Right Side, for me it has always been on the left and it is a difference that people got to accustomate, if they don't, go back to your lol or to your HON.

On top of that, it will never prevent miss clicks, it will get on your right that's all. I fucking don't want that the minimap goes to the right, I'm a former Dota1 player and it is the dota traditions.

Don't be silly, don't make this game copy LOL any longers.
    This is a simple suggestion about UI nothing else.

And... LoL copied every last thing from DotA. Adding a "swap minimap position" option is just a simple idea that everyone can come up with it's not the best invention of the thousand years.
    Winter solstice.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebok View Post
    Muted scum shouldn't have an option to disagree with me. That's why they're muted.

Basic Member
    Would be very against disabling clicking the map, that's something that should be learned because it's helpful in the grand scale. I actually asked a long time ago to be able to switch the mini map from left to right though. I didn't play HoN, my hand just blocks my view of it on my laptop sometimes.

The self-righteous fury that people have over any suggestion that isn't exactly like dota1 is mind boggling. It would be a nice option to have and doesn't change anything for people who don't want to use it. Nothing is perfect and everything can be improved upon, the reason for a sequel. Parity with dota1 holds back the game.
    Last edited by The Fat Bastid; 06-01-2013 at 11:57 AM.

At this point in time it is probably better for the dev's to just fix the game before they try to drown us in unnecessary things (take tf2 for example).

The UI does not need a change yet, but if they could fit everything in the exact same hud then it wouldn't be a bad idea for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Bastid View Post
    The self-righteous fury that people have over any suggestion that isn't exactly like dota1 is mind boggling. It would be a nice option to have and doesn't change anything for people who don't want to use it. Nothing is perfect and everything can be improved upon, the reason for a sequel. Parity with dota1 holds back the game.
    Dota 2 was not made to improve DotA, it was made to make money. Now to make money, they have to improve the original.

I don't understand how you assume that the game is being held back when it hasn't even been completed yet. The same could be said for HoN and LoL, seeing as there is no option to switch it back and forth in either game. Being older does not mean being worse, that is just how many people think today.

But I am sure there will be this option for you to pay for in the future, valve always accepts money.

There is an option in LoL to put the minimap on either side. I'm not sure about HoN.

Basic Member
    +1, I fully agree that the minimap position should be customizable by the player (bottom left is just stupid on the Radiant side, for reasons that have already been mentioned in this thread).

Nobody can put down a legit argument as to why the HUD should not be customizable because if you don't want to do it you can just leave it at the default settings.
    Please implement this option.

+1

I rage quit several times because this minimap.

UI need to have some customization options, minimap and UI scale is a good start.